General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different HID Looks

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Different HID Looks

Yes we know you are hid authority... I started a thread about hid and I think you kinda took over and educated everyone.....

Old 01-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ LOL. I remember. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Hey guys, I am interested in theseHID kits, and I will probably get the new slim balast kit for my '07. Do any of you know how hot the balasts get when running, if they even get hot at all? I work around this stuff but I never feel the balasts because they are hidden under the headlight lenseassembly on the cars I work on.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Retired Moderator

Nope, they don't get hot.

But I will say that I'm a little disappointed with the slim-ballast kit I just ordered. I installed them last night, and every-time I turn on the bike, I need to turn it off and back on again for them to come on. But I'm still working on it to see if it's a problem with my battery having been recently recharged. I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

But I will say that I'm a little disappointed with the slim-ballast kit I just ordered. I installed them last night, and every-time I turn on the bike, I need to turn it off and back on again for them to come on. But I'm still working on it to see if it's a problem with my battery having been recently recharged. I'll keep everyone posted.
Not sure on the full size but the slims dont like to "flash" like on start up..I got where i just hold in the start switch and key on at the same time..Never had any issues..

I know if i "flash" my high beam it will do that(not come on sometimes)..

Old 01-30-2008, 07:02 PM

Maybe you need one of those timed delay units that will wait like 15 seconds before switching on the headlights.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 PM

I am not sure who else sells sells the delays modules, but http://www.tripageled.com/main.htmlsells them.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Tacoma25

I am not sure who else sells sells the delays modules, but http://www.tripageled.com/main.htmlsells them.
I had one of those..Didnt care for it..

four times my lights just "shut off" while driving at night..Pulled it off and havent had a issue since.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: white99gt

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Not sure on the full size but the slims dont like to "flash" like on start up..I got where i just hold in the start switch and key on at the same time..Never had any issues..

I know if i "flash" my high beam it will do that(not come on sometimes)..
I'm going to have to give that a try before I return it.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:42 PM

Well at least you have tried the delay module so we know. I looked at their picture, and it looks "homemade-ish" and it isn't really sealed. Well that stinks....