CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/)
-   -   Dam Stop Lights Dont See Me, dont laugh (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/dam-stop-lights-dont-see-me-dont-laugh-25788/)

Puck 10-30-2006 04:12 PM

RE: Dam Stop Lights Dont See Me, dont laugh

We must be lo'tech here in Indiana because I simply run over the weight sensors....

snowboarding82 10-30-2006 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

just run it if it's safe mang...
stop lights not seeing you isn't gay...
riding two up naked with another guy is gay.

CrF450r420 10-31-2006 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Puck

We must be lo'tech here in Indiana because I simply run over the weight sensors....
Those are not weight sensors. They are metal detectors.

Pugetpower 10-31-2006 01:31 PM

In a lot of cities you can go thru a red if the light has cycled a few times and no ones coming.
Usually you have to drive right on top of the loop sensor saw cut (look for black sealant). Although, I notice
this has no affect on a few of the lights in my area.
I have heard of people using magnets from old hard drives.
I like "trextreme"'s idea of starting the bike over the sensor...have to try that.

cjp48 10-31-2006 01:38 PM

Stopping and starting the bike always works for me. A friend has a 50 cc moped with severe problems at
lights like this, and restarting the bike works for her too.

The magnets should work, but no experiences with them.

slipper 10-31-2006 01:58 PM

ive never had any problems with stop lights. i make sure my engine is directly over the stoplight sensors.

Leveltwo 11-02-2006 12:56 PM

i run them, damn lights...

holycrapitshassell 11-02-2006 01:17 PM

even better, one time i was stopped at a light, waited for a couple cycles, since there was traffic, and finally i see a car coming behind me, thank god! well this ass stops at least 100' behind me, way before the last sensor, and 2 cycles later, she starts honking at me like i broke the light, lol. i put the bike on the sidestand, took off my helmet, and gave her a lesson on how these lights work. lol i cant blame her for not knowing, but geeze, you dont need to give me that much space at a stoplight, lol.

2003F4iDude 11-04-2006 10:21 PM

GREEN LIGHT TIRGGER WAS A WASTE OF MONEY! i have 2 on my bike and they dont work i put a 6 in speaker magnet on the botom of my lower ferring with the two green light triggers and it works some times if you know where the sensor is (usually top left or top right of box area on the asphalt) but i took that crap off and now i just run it or turn right if no cars are around and make a u-turn.

Sproutf3 01-24-2007 05:13 PM

I always park at an angle / across the center of the lane never have a problem, lights switch for me on the first cycle