General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR1000RR Repsol only runs in Nutural??? Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR1000RR Repsol only runs in Nutural??? Help

My CBR1000RR Repsol has me in tears this spring.
The bike was running fine, then on friday last week i was on the highway and she acted like someone shut her fuel off and we rolled to an almost instant stop???
Nowshe only runs in Nutural??? The bike will start in N andpurr no matter how high i rev her,butonce i lift the kick stand and kick her into first she continues to run smoothly for 10 - 30 seconds and then shuts down abruptly! The electricskeep working but it seems there is no fuel or spark or someting. I can only start her by putting it back into N, turning the ignition off then on - then she'll start right up???

Varous kick-stand tests lead me to beleive that the kick-stand switch is not the problem.

its under warranty but the bike shops around Providence are 6 weeks out right now.

Any ideas?

Your help would be greatly appriciated

Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CBR1000RR Repsol only runs in Nutural??? Help

what kickstand tests have you done? have you tried bypassing the side stand switch?

Old 04-24-2007, 08:44 PM

Gotta be the stand issue, unless you have bigger electirc/comp problems. Try the bypass. And if you're on warranty, tell them to eat their 6 week out wait and take care of it now or you'll contact an attourney for legal advice.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:55 PM

i thinking computer problems?

Old 04-24-2007, 08:59 PM

any ideas on an easy bypass technique?
--because the bike runs for 10-30secs i have been able to test the kickstand phyically and it works perfectly.
if by chance - it faulted for a quick second - surely the bike would start it's self up from the momentum of riding, like a push start??

Old 04-24-2007, 09:02 PM

Your kickstand comes in contact with a "button". This button should move easily. Sometimes theygum up so try some WD-40 and work it a few times. If this doesn't work, or does but only for a short bit, you will need to replace that whole switch. You can cut it and install a new one, but for the cost and what it's worth, get a new one.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 PM

ok - i checked out the switch - its not a button but rather a turning switch, turned by the kickstand. i deconnected it to find two wires:
Now the bike won't turn over whether i bridge the wires or keep them separated. so i followed the wires higher into thebike (behind faring) and found another connection. i tried the bridge / separation test there and still no start. So i reconnected everything and things are starting to look like it is the switch because now i have no action -???

does anyone know if bridged = start action or unbridged = start?

Old 04-25-2007, 02:00 AM

i agree with Mushroom.. you call Honda, or the dealership and say you paid this much money for a repsol and you should not have to wait 6 weeks for something that is covered under warranty!

Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

if its under warranty let them deal with it. thats why you paid so much extra money for that knowing that if something F'd up you would be covered. what about another shop that you could transport the bike too if all the ones in the imediate area are full.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice weather, uber nice bike...6 weeks backlog? true, under warranty, but under these circumstances...better to diagnose personally rather than the stealer.

Quick Reply: CBR1000RR Repsol only runs in Nutural??? Help