General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR 600F 1995

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR 600F 1995

Hi all
I am new to the forum and fairly new to bikes in general.
I just purchased my 2nd bike, a 1995 CBR 600F (which from what I am told is a 600F3 even though it just says 600F on the side, possibly dirrent stickering in Australia or something?). Anyway, the guy who had it before me hardly used it, he had it for a year and i think it went about 500kms or something.
I would like to make sure I am getting the most out of my bike and was wondering if anyone could offer any tips as to what I can get done on the bike, maintenance, etc.
I just got it serviced at the local honda shop, and it does run a bit better now, however I dont know enough about bikes to say to the mechanics anything more than "the bike needs a service"!!
I have heard of something called a Dyno-tune but dont know what this is.
To get the most (performance wise) out of my bike are there any better quality parts or modifications that i should look at making to the bike (better exhaust etc)?
Also what regular maintenace should I be doing to keep it in as best shape as possible?
I really appreciate any help that can be offered, sorry if I am a bit vague but I dont know much about bikes! All i know is that I want it running the best it possible can, and am happy to put some better parts in there if it makes a difference in performance and reliability.
Cheers

Old 03-16-2005, 05:04 AM
Default RE: CBR 600F 1995

Hi Christo,
Just bought a 93 f2 and the first thing I did was buy a Haynes Manual with tells you eveything you need to know about general maintenance , what to do and when to do it. Things like checking drive chain tension , tyre pressures , throttle free play , clutch lever free play etc are things that I did straight away and It made the world of difference to the bike . As for doing things to make it go better , I can't really help you there as I'm new to bikes aswell , but mines fast enough with just a Micron system added from standard spec but I guess i'll get used to it . Haynes Manuals by the way , are published here in uk but i'm sure they are available to you .
Hope this helps a bit.
jimmer

Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Default RE: CBR 600F 1995

"Dynotune" is more than likely reffering to the carb jetting, installing a jet kit ( which will give you more power, but will decrease your fuel mileage a bit due to the fact that its flowing more fuel) and "dynotuning" is running it on a dyno to get the best possible results and help eliminate flat spots in the RPM range ( usually midrange) . You can install a jet kit via the instructions in the kit and it will be better, the Dyno will just help in the "tuning" or set up of the carbs