General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blink rate

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blink rate

I just installed a hotbodies undertail and am going to also install Gregg's flush mount signals. I read on Greggscustoms.com that if you have just LED lights in the undertail and stock signals or vice-versa, then your flash rate will increas a lot. If you have both LEDs in the rear undertail and LEDs in the signals then the flash rate won't increase much. Is this true? Thanks for your help.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Blink rate

I will be installing my Hotbodies this weekend so I'll have an accurate answer for you. The stock/incandescent bulbs use a lot more amperage from the signals... so it should speed up some when you take them out all together. I'll have the CA tail light and HB flush mounts.... if it blinks too fast, I'm going to run a couple of test to see if I can slow it down, if need be. I have a trick in mind but I want to see if I need to do it and if it works before I post anything about it.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:49 PM

If you run LEDs in both front and rear, it probably wont blink at all. The LEDs do not draw enough current to trip the flasher relay. You have to run a load resistor the control the blink rate. Ran into this with a GSXR we mounted LED turn signals to this summer. My Watsen LED turn signals came with load resistors.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:56 PM

I have both LED front and back flash speed is increased but not out of control. I put resisters in and ended up taking them back out. Cars seem to notice signals when they flash a little faster.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:36 AM

Those load resistor are the key to slowing the signal down. I just put the Watsen lights in and I def had to put the load resistor on otherwise it was pretty much a solid light when tripped

Old 01-18-2006, 04:43 PM

You can get load resistors here. Truckie gave me this link. Don't know if they work yet but I will find out next week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Old 01-18-2006, 06:08 PM

They work im using them now

Old 01-18-2006, 11:03 PM

I just finnished installing them. They blink slightly faster. You are right, they are more noticable. I'm not going to put a resistor on because it is much more noticable. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Will the increased rate of flashing do any damage to your electrical system? Heat anything up out of proportion?

I just installed new LED rear turn signals and am now debating whether to added a resistor or just change them for standard low profile turn signals?

Thanks

Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM

I changed my fronts and have a CA intergrated rear and it blinks fast....

and I like it...... cause the cagers seem to take more notice cause,

its more in your facewakeupstupidcagergetoffthatphoneIamrightnextto you...[:@]

And yes I see it all the time.....

Quick Reply: Blink rate