Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

BiLT Brand Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BiLT Brand Gear?

Anyone heard of it before? Or even better, anyone have any of it to talk about quality?

I just got the April copy of CycleGear, and there's a ton of stuff by some company named "BiLT". All cheap as dirt. Armored gloves for 20$, Armored mesh jackets and pants for 90$.

The skeptic in me thinks this stuff must be junk, but I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

heh. just got the issue today myself - i'd not heard of it either.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This very question is being asked on multiple interweb forums. Very little actual feedback on it. Appears to be in-house to CG only at this point. While most certainly better than nothing, its not top-tier by any stretch of the means.

In all fairness to CG, they stand behind all of the products they offer. If you don't like anything, they'll take it back...unlike some/most shops.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Maybe I'll go be a guinea pig, for 90$ it's worth a shot if the site has a good return policy, but the closest store is 2 hours away, so it may be as much as I'd save in a good pair of pants if I have to ship it back.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:24 AM
MZ5

I'll have to check that ad out. I'd bet it's like the Xelement stuff; various of the east or southeast Asian countries will make things A LOT cheaper than anyone else, and if you don't put a large/famous European (or American) name brand on it, you don't need to charge so much to pay for the ad/racing budget. I'm still guessing it's not as tough as some of the big-name items, I'm just sayin'...

Old 03-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by comodidit
Maybe I'll go be a guinea pig, for 90$ it's worth a shot if the site has a good return policy, but the closest store is 2 hours away, so it may be as much as I'd save in a good pair of pants if I have to ship it back.
According to CG's site, anything over $69 is *free* ground shipping.
Return shipping would only be a few bucks.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:36 PM

I'm going to hit the 3 day sale after work tonight. I will let you know how the stuff looks. They have a pair of boots that I am interested in but I want to see them in person first.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Little Girl
I'm going to hit the 3 day sale after work tonight. I will let you know how the stuff looks. They have a pair of boots that I am interested in but I want to see them in person first.
Did you ever get a chance to take a look at the gear?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I asked the kid at CG about the brand, from what I could interpret from his response it sounds like he was implying the old Frank Thomas brand is now an in-house brand for CG called BiLT. Stuff looks like a budget line to me.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:06 PM

Funny I used to buy Frank Thomas from CG and thought it was of rather good quality. Any idea why they no longer sell FT? I have seen the BILT gear. Seems to be lacking in weight and quality of the material that is used. Then again I am used to such makes as SIDI, A*, Held and recently bought a Kobe x pro suit.

Quick Reply: BiLT Brand Gear?