General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG trouble!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG trouble!?

I have pulled the stator out twice and put it back in, I made sure everything was right both times. Im wondering if I need to put some more oil in it??

Old 11-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

I am not expert with bikes so don't quote me. If, when you pulled the stater there was no damage and you didnt find any scuffs or any type of shavings in the case then i think it would be safe to rule that out. I guess you already passed this point.

Sounds like the ol' circumstance where as soon as you get one thing replaced another will turn up which needs attention.
Its a good thing though. Trial and error. Enough of this pulling and replacing goes on and sooner or later you will have a great running machine.

Just as Justasquid told me when i had a similar problem.
These models are known for making bizaar noises.

Does it make the same noise when you pull the clutch in?

I am going through the same thing with my F3. I wonder what i will do when the thing is running perfectly...

Old 11-21-2008, 04:54 PM

if it sounds exactly like my bike did...then your problem is the exact problem that most of the f2/f3 owners have nad...nothing else can duplicate that noise, mine did it at idle on some starts and it would stick around, others it would do it right at startup and disappear that quick...check your oil level first...make sure your good on that(bike straight up not on the sidestand and turned off), if thats good then it's time to replace the CCT with the manual one from APE or another hydraulic one(which people don't recommend since the stock one being replaced and prone to failure is hydraulic)

Old 11-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Old 11-22-2008, 11:24 AM

Sounds like the CCT but a little more pronounced...and it's kind of odd how it just disappeared then came back with the rev's being low again but then again mine would do it sometimes after riding but it hadn't done it when the bike was first started(like you think it would)...also...check your battery voltage...your headlight is doing some serious fluctuation(like mine did before the regulator/rectifier went bad)

Old 11-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Its fixed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An hour after I took that video I went out and started the bike again, it was still making the noise! I was pissed and frustrated so I decided to take it for a ride anyway. I drive down the road, while its still making that noise and after about 1-2 minutes it just quit making the noise!! I guess I had to wait for some oil to circulate to the top of the engine. And it has'nt done it since! So yesterday I got my 2 teeth up sprocket installed and new brake pads! It rides so much smother now with all new tires, chain and sprockets. I love the crap out of this bike!! Ill post some pics up later today. Im going to finish polishing the wheels and clean it up some. Thanks for ALL the help!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

A bit weird why it took so long to get oil up or what ever it was ..?
but , hey , its stopped , should be good ...

although I would be curious as to why she took so long to shut up ..?
Thats normal...mine took just as long...hydraulic CCT's suck...it seems the CCT gets quiet when the oil warms up

Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

A bit weird why it took so long to get oil up or what ever it was ..?
but , hey , its stopped , should be good ...

although I would be curious as to why she took so long to shut up ..?
Thats normal...mine took just as long...hydraulic CCT's suck...it seems the CCT gets quiet when the oil warms up
Yer ...I know they are all hydraulic..... but he even rode the thing down the road the first time and it still was rattling its head off...

Even my old girl takes only around 30 seconds to shut up even after an oil change ...

Ow well ... all good if you say that's normal on the 600...

Yah mine was the same as his...after a top speed run down the highway once she wouldn't shut up for another good mile after i took my exit, but thats why i told him to check his oil level also though because i was a bit low

Quick Reply: BIG trouble!?