General Tech Stickies These helpful threads are the all stars and must reads ...

the answer to all your tire questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the answer to all your tire questions.

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/Battlax_BT-003.pdf BTO 3RS has 3 compond
BTO16 have 5 compond hard med soft.
3 compond med soft

Just pick the grip you like to have that matches your riding style. I prefer more side grip. I use the PP 2ct road. Excellent grip and the type of style I ride, road and twisty! On my cbr 08 1000

I think the BTO3RS can compare to the same as the mitch pure/ones
and the BTO16 are can compare to the PP 2CT/ PP 2CT Road. I use the Bto 16 on my GSXR 1000. Havn't any problems, but the pures are next to try!

Last edited by CBRTONY; 03-27-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice work Tony !
Can you find the other manufacturers ?

Old 04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
July 2010 ROTM

this is sweet, please dont hate me for this but i got one question-
i have the pilot powers and love them, they stick so good. absolutely perfect for my riding. well, they might be a bit overkill im not really crazy but i really like the way the tires perform. however-my back is almost done after like 2500 miles, maybe a bit less. the front looks brand new. (these are not the 2ct) basically, will i notice a stickiness difference with a road 2? looking at the chart it doesnt seem too different but i think the road 2 would be TONS better for when im on the highway.
also should i go with like the pp front and road 2 rear or should i stay the same all the way around?

or, should i just keep going through my pilot powers?-i like them so much im about to just do this but just wanted to ask first

thanks for the advice!

Old 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
i have the pilot powers and love them, they stick so good. absolutely perfect for my riding. well, they might be a bit overkill im not really crazy but i really like the way the tires perform. however-my back is almost done after like 2500 miles, maybe a bit less. the front looks brand new. (these are not the 2ct) basically, will i notice a stickiness difference with a road 2? looking at the chart it doesnt seem too different but i think the road 2 would be TONS better for when im on the highway.
also should i go with like the pp front and road 2 rear or should i stay the same all the way around?

or, should i just keep going through my pilot powers?-i like them so much im about to just do this but just wanted to ask first

thanks for the advice!
post a pic, i wanna see how "done" this tire is. i am in the market to get some new tires in another 1000 miles or so. i got a battlax bt-16 i think on it right now. its gonna last prolly right at 6k.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by vangill

thanks for the advice!
Me and my 15 friends all ride sportbikes. A few of them use the road 2ct thats why I decided to try them out. Hey, its a Mitch tire. You will expect the best out of them. We do alot of hard street and twisty back roads. Great for the over all everthing on the street. It also feels warmer than the bt016.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xyE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEN0_...eature=related
2ct road review

Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 AM

Hi

I currently have a CBR125R 2005 model in the UK. at the moment the tires dont last more than 1500 - 2000 miles!! and considering i do abotu 250 miles a week thats every 6 weeks they need changing which i thought is far too less for tires!!

are there any specific tires that are extra hard for long distance for the cbr125, i dont care if i loose any grip in the corners as im only a commuter!

its currently on rear 100/80 -17M pirelli and front 80/90 -17M pirelli!

HELP!!!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone tried the Continental Conti Motion? I personally know that skimping on a MC tire by fixating on price is not a good choice, but the reviews on this tire that you can find online all indicate it's good dry, good wet, and long lived. Maybe not a 9/10ths tire, but I'm not even a 8/10's rider, price @ Dennis Kirk is incredibly low.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 AM

Wow great thread. Question though - is there anything wrong/dangeorus with having mismatched front and rear tires?

Say your rear tire gets a nail and you go with a different rear tire than the front to replace it.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 PM

. however-my back is almost done after like 2500 miles
Im not sure why. I got over 7,000 miles out of my pilot powers, I switched over to the 2ct's. I've only got about 1500 miles on them, but they are wearing just as good.

is there anything wrong/dangeorus with having mismatched front and rear tires?
A lot of people do it. I however don't. My concern is with different tire brands, you have different profiles. Even within the same brand, just different models have drastically different profiles. If your tires arent matched, your contact patch when you leaning over will more than likely not be lined up as it should be with a matched set. You would essentially have two seperate tracking lines instead of one.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:57 AM

I really like the Dunlop Qualifier but the more I look into the Michelins with the prices I found I'm torn. Any recommendations? As far as Continentals go, I would not even consider them. I've had them on my car and truck and had flats on both due to punctures. I know it happens but what are the odds and they seem to wear out quick.

Quick Reply: the answer to all your tire questions.