General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 f3 carbs spitting gas after bike turned off

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 f3 carbs spitting gas after bike turned off

Ok so I had the carbs off to jet well it was already jetted but I did replace the outer two carb jets to 138 cause it had 136 cause when I got the bike it still had stock air filter . Well I changed it to a K&N air filter so that calls for 138 on the outside so I did that, cleaned them really good put them back on got it started runs all right I didn't get it to running temp cause I had large pill bottle so gas tank wasn't in the way, but after I shut the ignition off the carb still seem to be pumping gas out of a weep hole and it just keeps pumping and pumping I'm stumped!!! Ooo the kit came with a little tool and it tells you to turn the screws all the way in I guess the mixture screws all with that little tool all the way until it seats and then back it out of half turn so I did do that. Now after it's turned off nothing is on the battery is hooked up but the ingintion is off and I can hear it making noise and I look when down in the carb I can see it pumping gas out of that little weep hole this right by the flaps and jus keeps on until all the gas was out of the lines. Anyone have any idea why and what it's doing? Oh I'm writing this on my phone and the time it took me to write this I can still hear it pumping either air or gas out! The tanks not on it but there still gas in the line I'm guessing and in the pump and in the bowls!!! Fairly knowledgeable about my bike as I have done a lot of lots of mechanical work to it but this is got me stumped any help would be much appreciated. Oh I'm going to add on a side note I lost the key to the bike well I know where the keys at it's just inaccessible right now o I got the ignition unscrewed and I just got something metal and pushed in the wires so the two touch together I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I pulled that out so it's not in there When it doing this. Almost seems like it has to be vacuum related because there's no power Turned on!! Again Any help would be greatly appreciated!! If I need to I can post pic of the hole it coming out of!!! Thanks incadvance!!!!

Old 01-31-2018, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All four carbs? I'd find that hard to believe...

It's the job of the float, needle, and seat to stop the flow of gas. If you are still getting gas flow, one of the above is a problem, or were reassembled incorrectly.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ What EchoWars said

Old 01-31-2018, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by EchoWars

It's the job of the float, needle, and seat to stop the flow of gas. If you are still getting gas flow, one of the above is a problem, or were reassembled incorrectly.
Fair enough!!! I guess I’ll have to pull em off again. You don’t think the mixture screw would any thing to do with it. When the bike fired it up it ran like a champ but as I said I didn’t get it to running temp or get to drive it cause I have the front wheel off to paint calipers, but I’m gonna try to put it back together so I can drive it!! I'm gonna fire it up again and look and see how many it comes out of!!!

Old 01-31-2018, 04:36 PM

Ok so I fired it up and I loosened the throttle cable jus a hair cause it need it, but in fact all four are doing it. Also thE air intake tube running to the two small tites on the top of the carbs was a little moist from fuel. I think it’s the mixture screw cause when you look down in the carbs you can see the fuel come and then go down. I don’t know if it’s going back n the bowls on down in the intake

Old 01-31-2018, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps a picture of where you are seeing leaking gas might help. But, as before, only a bad float, needle, seat, incorrect assembly, or (added here) a leaking bowl gasket will cause continued fuel flow.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:13 AM

Perhaps a picture of where you are seeing leaking gas might help. But, as before, only a bad float, needle, seat, incorrect assembly, or (added here) a leaking bowl gasket will cause continued fuel flow.
thanks for the replays o figured it out the pilot screw was pretty much all the way in and apparently idk if it was causing too much pressure or too much gas and over flowing but when I backed them out 1 turn it seemed to work. Jus go to get together enough to test drive!! Should be in the next day or too but tomorrow (well today I jus came in from working on it) it’s gonna be like 17 degree so that’s gonna have to wait!!! I’m not that ambitious anymore

Old 02-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When I have this kind of problem, with the carbs out, I flip them over and blow into the fuel in port (put some tubing on them).
If you can't determine where its allowing fuel flow, you may need to remove the bowls, blow and listen. This is how I work on my snowblowers. They seem to always leak and I hate taking taking them on and off, on and off...