General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 F2 Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 F2 Clutch

I put a new clutch and ne clutch cable in my 93 F2. I have the cables adjusted to the max and its very difficult to shift. I moved the adjustments around and found a way to shift easier but now i cant gget back to nuetral without turning the bick off. Is there anything i can do to make it better?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Default RE: 93 F2 Clutch

I just took out the clutch in my 94 this weekend to put in a shift kit, so its fresh in my memory. Is this an aftermarket clutch of some kind? If its very difficult to shift I'm guessing something didn't get put back in correctly. I'd pull the cover again and make sure that everything is where it is supposed to be. Check the rod that goes through the middle of the clutch. Check the pin and rod that go inside the cover itself and are moved by the cable and make sure those are installed correctly. You shouldn't have to adjust your cable like that to get it to work. Are your clutch springs seated properly, or are they the correct springs? If you don't have one, get the service manual, you can download a copy, check the sticky thread above.

good luck man, post back with any more info.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:31 PM

hey man im not shur if you know there is 2 adjustment places on the bike the fine tune one on thecluchhandle and the main adjuster is on the cluch cover all ways do the main fristand use the top on to get it perfact

Old 03-18-2008, 11:04 PM

yea it's an aftermarket clutch plates. I hopefully installed everything the way its supposed to go back in. I also put a new clutch cable in and with the adjustments maxed out i can shift from nuetral to firstthen back up but i can't find neutral again. I think it's the new cable but i could be completly wrong. I put both new plates in (solid metal and can't remember what the others are called), new springs and a new cable. That help with any diagnosis?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:09 PM

I have a 93 cbr 600 f2 and have some clutch problems myself. It is hard to shift into 2nd, 3rd, etc... When shifting it sounds like the gears are shifting but they wont lock into gear. When I give it gas, the engine revs like it's in neutral. This occurs very often... Sometimes it locks and sometimes it dosn't. What can I try or do. Thanks for the help.

Goods

Old 03-21-2008, 01:47 PM

egoods it sounds like you have a different problem than blue it sounds like you may have bent shift forks or a chewed up shift drum . which is a real pain in the *** to get to. as for blue f2 sounds like your clutch is not fully didengageing which means gears are still spining which is why its nearly impossible to get nuetral or shift sounds like push rod and case are not correctly back together did the cam lever on the case rotate too far around when you disassembled it and your 180 degrees out when you went back tohether the case should go back on nice and easy you shouldnt have to force it at all

Old 03-21-2008, 03:05 PM

mcwheelie08, what can I do to fix the problem? I'm a rider but have no clue how to fix problem. Thanks

Old 03-21-2008, 03:25 PM

Of course the world revolves around me! me problem still is my lever won't return on its own.

Anyone?

Beuller?

???

d

Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 PM

dinzy i thouught you had sprayed some wd 40 on that thing and she loosened up, if not i still sat you have the shift rod where the cable attaches at the case in there messed up ... and egoods you need to get to your local honda dealer and walk into the service department and say , and i quote " can i please see a shop manual for a cbr 600 f2 cuz you guys are a freakin rip off when it comes to diagnosis and instalation of overpriced factory parts !!!!" then go ahead and look at the transmission section your gonna wanna look up r and r shift forks and 2nd gear shift drum , i believe that the second gear drum also does third gear and all it is is a small post riding in a groove on a small drum when they wear out or get chewed up they can be hard to shift and or wont lock into gear ... once you see this you will know weather or not this task can be performed with or with out splitting the case if it can be donw with out splitting the case you should be able to replace them yourself with a few sockets and maybe some rtv but if its gotta be split then your gonna wanna put your bike in the back of your truck losely attach some straps and go tearin down a real twisty road real fast and let your insurance company figure it out , if ya know what i mean cuz honda is gonna bend you over like a 5th street hooker if ya know what i mean....

Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 PM

tripsd , in what way did you find that makes your bike shift better ? what ya need to do is adjust your lower cable adjustment so that it just barley has any pressure on the sspring loaded lever on the case then i would suggest you liftthe back of the bike with stands or something , fire that bitch up in nuetral and then with your hand on the front brake and your clutch lever pulled in click it into 1st gear and see if the back wheel begins to spin if it spins fairly fast . if it does then run and get you a helper or zip tie your clutch lever to your clip on so that its fully disengaged . now get on you hands and knees where your ckutch cable main adjustment is and begin to increase pressure till the wheel stops spinning then shut down the motor after outtin it back in nuetral and go ahead and adjust your cable at the lever so you have the desired 5/8 of an inch of play or what ever your preference is . let me know if this helps cuz if it doesnt i got a few more tricks up my sleeve cuz i put mana clutches in my stunt bikes if ya know what i mean!!!!!

Quick Reply: 93 F2 Clutch