General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 cbr600rr won't start in gear? Help please, im desperate! ):

Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by gtcole
Ok take a short piece of scrap wire, strip the ends back a bit. Insert one end into one side of the plug and the other in the other side of the plug. Basically connecting the two wires together.
Just use a paperclip.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 74demon
Just use a paperclip.
Yeah, duh forgot all about that lol

Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ridealongchris
Can you explain the who jumping process about the two wires please? I don't think I am doing it correctly.
Here is the general idea. The pics are not a CBR, just several generic photos of how to jumper a plug. If you're going to ride it with the jumper you might want to make it a bit smaller.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Welcome Crew Technician

I've tried everything(that I know of lol). My new kickstand came in but now I can't put the darn thing on -___-
The hex screws that hold the base of the kickstand onto the bike are insanely tight, I can't get them to budge at all. I've tried for hours, so much that the hex screws are starting to become rounded out. I called my local shop and they're just trying to get me to bring the bike in lol.

Can you explain the who jumping process about the two wires please? I don't think I am doing it correctly.
Do you have a torch? Portable one? Any kind of heat gun? Put heat to it, soak it in PB or WD40. Get a small pipe or something to slip over the end of the allen key, this is called a breaker bar. It extends the bar giving better torque at the fulcrum. Pretty much gives you more turning power than you could get out of a small allen. This will work, trust me. It always does. If the bar doesnt get it, the heat and the bar will. Take it slow though. If you have to, with the breaker, maybe try to tighten just a small small bit first, then loosen, break the bond. And the jumper process explained above. Dont sell the bike dude. It sounds like you are well on the way of getting it fixed. I bet you replace that stand, jump it or reinstall it and it will work. Cheers.

-Poss

Old 04-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did exactly what roadijeff shows in the pictures. Still got nothing. hmm...

Well thanks all, I don't think my bike's problem is the kickstand sensor and I really don't know what could be the problem.

I don't have a torch or anything, wish i did lol. I looked up online for a few tricks how to remove stripped allen screws but meh.. The bike is already out of my hands. It's back with the original owner. I'll let you guys know what was the problem if you guys wanna know. Thanks all, this community is great! And thanks Poss, you helped me a lot on the forums, especially on one of my older posts on my other account, which I will never reveal hehehehe.
Looking forward to grabbing my next 600rr in the next year or two

Old 04-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Welcome Crew Technician

Well damn . Is what it is ya know? Good to hear you will get another one. Let us know what is if you figure it out. Anything to help bud, appreciate it. Cheers.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:57 PM

Will do. Its such a shame
She was perfectly fine, even with recently breaking the 30k mile mark, until some drunk had to knock it over. Gonna miss the 600rr so much.

Currently looking to pick up and old klr or xr650 until ill have enough for the cbr. The supermoto/dual sport life seems quite interesting! But I guess thats another topic for another forum haha.

Thanks a lot everyone for the help. Please enjoy thousands of miles in this years riding season! Ride for me please
I'd do anything to get back on the road!

Old 04-10-2014, 02:54 PM

I've tried everything(that I know of lol). My new kickstand came in but now I can't put the darn thing on -___-
The hex screws that hold the base of the kickstand onto the bike are insanely tight, I can't get them to budge at all. I've tried for hours, so much that the hex screws are starting to become rounded out.
I called my local shop and they're just trying to get me to bring the bike in lol.

With regard to the hexagon screws, try heating them with a blowlamp after applying some WD 40 beforehand and leaving to soak for a while. The heat should get them moving. As for the sidestand switch wires, join them together as advised and your bike should keep running when you put it into gear. Replace with new sidestand once you get those screws out! If you do round the hex screws you may have to drill them out and replace them but hopefully it won't come to that! Good luck!