General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 CBR F4i Brake Lever HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 CBR F4i Brake Lever HELP!!

Whats up guys, I recently bought an 01 F4i that i'm slowly converting into a stunt bike. I just got a chinese EZ pull lever that came in the mail today with a new perch and reservoir tank, which was especially appealing to me because my screws for the reservoir tank were so stripped from the previous owner that I could never bleed my brakes. To make a long story short, i snapped a screw holding the perch in place, so i opted for just putting the lever on the original system until i could get a replacement screw. Upon putting the whole system back together, i ran into an issue. my levers get stuck on the two cables sitting directly behind the kill switch, my assumption is the throttle cable and the drawback cable. it has two metal L-shaped pipes which feed the two cables into the kill switch. I went as far attempting to spin the kill switch down to get those two L-shaped metal pieces out of the way but once i spun it into a position where i could fully depress my brake lever, i no longer had the springy effect of the throttle, where it would spring back. Instead it would just stay with the throttle wide open. Anyone know a quickor easy fix for this? Thanks in advance

Old 05-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the cables as close to original routing as possible, lube cables, maybe try to get some lube between the throttle tube and handle bar, and a little grease between the grip and kill switch housing.