General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rebuilt f2 just some genral thoughts and a couple mech. ???

Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuilt f2 just some genral thoughts and a couple mech. ???

i bought a 93 f2 smashed, tore it down to the frame re painted everything. when i drive it and i do a wheelie in sec. gear it will sometimes pop out of gear, and go into nuetral. first problem i replaced the clutches b\c sometimes i couldn't shift and they were slipping their ***** of at high r's. the judder springs were in the wrong spot their's two and both were in between two seprate cutch discs keeping them from contacting. the judders springs by the way go on the inside around the lowest clutch disc. anyway i shift fine except that when i'm in high r's in sec, doing a wheelie or pining the throttle only in sec. does it go into neutral. also jetting confuses the **** out of me. i'm failing plugs, so i have a stage 1 jet kit with a 126 jet in it now. should i go down two steps to a 122 or should i raise the needle in each carb? that is pretty much all the questions i have this is my first street bike, but i have heard alot of good things about them. any advice would help.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Default RE: rebuilt f2 just some genral thoughts and a couple mech. ???

How many miles are on the engine?

I'd check the transmission. Check the gear if its worn out or has chips in it. Check the syncros if they are bad. And finally check the Forks and make sure its not bent or broken between the 1st and 2nd gear. 2nd gear usually goes out before any other gears in most transmission (specially in older yamaha r6, r1's). Added wear on the gearbox could be related to failure or prolonged maintenance intervals. Use the shop manual to follow directions on taking apart the transmission and putting it back together correctly. They also have diagnostic tips in there too.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:56 PM

Either your shift fork is worn, preventing the gear from engaging fully or the gear dogs are rounded. Either condition will cause the same problem. As to your jetting question, check your enrichment circuit (choke). Make sure the plungers are closing all the way when the choke is off and nothing is getting stuck open. Jetting is more or less a trial and error thing, but raising the needles would allow MORE fuel to enter the combustion chamber from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, give or take. Try lowering the needles (raising the e-clip) one notch. If it sounds like the bike is bogging down on acceleration, then the needles are too low which causes a lean condition. Try dropping the main jet size one size and test ride it. If it feels better, drop it one more size and continue this until performance decreases. Do the same with the needles. Just so you know, during cruising, you are incorporating two circuits, the high and middle circuits (jet needles and main jets). These are the only two things you should be messing with.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:44 PM

well the motor has 37k on it but it was rebuilt not to long ago. i was told the trans was doen to but either i ****ed it up or it wasn't ever really done. which also makes me question if the motor was re built. as for jetting i keep failing plugs so that would be a sign i have a jet to big in their right?

Old 12-05-2006, 12:36 AM

Either the main jet is too big or the jet needle is set too high.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:14 PM

ok so i'll take the jet out and put a smaller one uin their if the needle can't go down any further. is their any other problems these bikes have that i should look into or is that about it, any little bit of info would help. thanks everyone i appreciate everything and hoipefully i can be of help in the future. thanks again for your time and patience rory!