General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 cbr f1 help. Where to find parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 cbr f1 help. Where to find parts?

Hey guys new to the forum glad to be here. In the indianapolis, IN area anyone near me? Anyway just picked up a 1990 cbr f1 for 250$ through craigslist. The guy told me it had a bent valve and took it apart to replace the valve but never got around to it. He was using the cylmers manual too so I think he was doing it relatively in the right way. All parts are there so I am excited I ordered a whole new head so it should be here soon. I notice I am missing some head cover bolt washers and prolly some random stuff. Where is a good place to look for parts? eBay isn't helping me out on little stuff. Thanks for the help! Also any advice for the rebuild?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Google MrCycles ...... dig in to find part #'s then google or bing the hell out of those
find superceded #'s and do the same all over again ......... keep at it like a dog with a
bone and eventually ........ shazzam ....... ya find it

Old 04-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Campbell45
The guy told me it had a bent valve and took it apart to replace the valve but never got around to it...... All parts are there so I am excited I ordered a whole new head so it should be here soon. ... Also any advice for the rebuild?

OMG !! Please tell me you didn't order a new head because of a bent valve. Say it aint so. Please tell me you didn't order it from the "Stealer". There are many other places to get parts for significantly less money than the local Stealer. That head retails for about $1,500.00. A 1990 600F isn't worth that much. You've come to the right place for help, I just wish you'd have come here sooner.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the head on eBay for $40 lol which still hasn't gotten here yet ugh