General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 600rr no room for junk

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 600rr no room for junk

i'm new to sport bikes, and just picked up my 03 cbr600rr. the ride is very comfy, except for one problem. maybe it's the way i'm sitting (i'm 5'5, 150 lbs), but i really haven't found a good spot for my junk. either i'm sitting on it or it's up against the tank. should i be sitting farther back? it's ok riding, but if i hit a bump in the road or need to downshift or brake unexpectedly, it is VERY uncomfortable. let me know if any of you other guys have this problem too.

- Bryan

Old 07-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: 03 600rr no room for junk

move your *** back, use your legs on the tank to hold yourself still. you will adapt and figure it out !

Old 07-03-2007, 05:16 PM

the worst is when you are a little too close to the tank and you hit a rut in the road and smash your grollies into the tank doing 100kp/h... not that it has happened to me more then once or anything[:@]

Old 07-03-2007, 05:27 PM

I have thought modifying my tank to make some room i'm 6'4 and 280lb no room to move back!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: THECHAD

I have thought modifying my tank to make some room i'm 6'4 and 280lb no room to move back!
BEAST! lol that's the only thing wrong with having a 600 when your that big, the size of the bike..

Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 AM

ya, whenever possible if you know your going over a bump...get up offthe seat and back

and if you know your braking, get back on the seat

in an emergency situation, usually the only thing you have time to do is squeeze your knees against the tank to try to protect the boys...other than that...ya just gotta deal with it i guess

Old 07-04-2007, 10:48 AM

You can buy a tank bag, they are kind of like a backpack, book bag, whatever.

Some things to do first.

1. Intsall a soft pad so the tank will not get scuffed up, as no matter how tight to tight the bag while riding things will slide around.
This pad usually comes with the tank bag. If not, get a piece of 1/2 foam..something...anything.

2. You'll need more padding around the fasteners...so they don't scrape up your body work, bike as a whole.

3. Cargo nets are a bad idea. Tiny things fall out and the net itself will also eventually scuff up your tail section. I know from using one on my now parted out, ZX-6.

4. You could use a back pack just like a school kid/college student. They are kinda nerdish...but more nerdish is having your valuables scattered all over the road.

5. They also have magnetic bags.

Here is a link to alot of decently priced bags. If you don't like what you see there...Google.

http://www.cycleluggage.com/magnetic_tank_bags.html

HTH...

(BTW, sportbikes are not really for everyday luggage hauling. They are made to ride and that's about it. Just a thought.)

Old 07-04-2007, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

You can buy a tank bag, they are kind of like a backpack, book bag, whatever.

Some things to do first.

1. Intsall a soft pad so the tank will not get scuffed up, as no matter how tight to tight the bag while riding things will slide around.
This pad usually comes with the tank bag. If not, get a piece of 1/2 foam..something...anything.

2. You'll need more padding around the fasteners...so they don't scrape up your body work, bike as a whole.

3. Cargo nets are a bad idea. Tiny things fall out and the net itself will also eventually scuff up your tail section. I know from using one on my now parted out, ZX-6.

4. You could use a back pack just like a school kid/college student. They are kinda nerdish...but more nerdish is having your valuables scattered all over the road.

5. They also have magnetic bags.

Here is a link to alot of decently priced bags. If you don't like what you see there...Google.

http://www.cycleluggage.com/magnetic_tank_bags.html

HTH...

(BTW, sportbikes are not really for everyday luggage hauling. They are made to ride and that's about it. Just a thought.)

umm i dont think he's alking about cargo....

Old 07-04-2007, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: bmorrisj

umm i dont think he's alking about cargo....
baaahahaha ...youre right. but good information about cargo. once i get the junk figured out, i'll move on to cargo

Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: 03 600rr no room for junk