General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 F4i engine or fuel problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Member MK2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 F4i engine or fuel problem?

Didn't know if I should post this up in this section or not but here is a link to my other post, any help is greatly appriciated!

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-guy-needs-help-fuel-engine-problem-111953/

Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 PM

that sounds like bad news man usually when you got a problem where one fluid is gettin into another fluid in the motor, means that theres a crack somewhere, like when you crack the block on a car you get radiator fluid in the oil, i would take off the tank empty it completely out put fresh gas in there maybe with some injector cleaner, do an oil change let the old stuff drain for awhile to get it all out change the plugs then try and light it up again, if you start have'n the same problem i'd call your local shop see what they have to say

Old 06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Member MK2

Yea I'm kinda hoping it's not that big of a problem but with my luck lately I'm sure it's gonna be... I was thinking about changing the oil, plugs and the fuel pressure regulator and run some injector cleaner and see if that does anything... The bike is apart right now sitting in the garage, I'm trying to do research before I start buying parts. Found this and it seems similar to my problem...

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...ease-help.html

Old 06-10-2010, 11:06 AM

read thru that other link yeah sounds about identical to your problem you could replace the fuel injector that you think is wide open and see if your local shop can pressure test the motor to see if you have any bad gaskets like the other post suggested, good luck man.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Member MK2

Thanks! I just ordered new plugs and a fuel pressure regulator today. I had another question though, how can you clean a fuel injector besides running fuel injector cleaner in your gas? I think one might be stuck open and if I could clean it while everything is apart that would save me more then a few four letter words.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Member MK2

Forgot I took this pic at the gas station as soon as I noticed the leak...

Name:  ee9a42ba.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  75.4 KB

Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 PM

ummm you could try blowing compressed air thru it, might blow out anything in there that is blockin it up... and when you get it running again gotta get rid of the sissy line i see on that tire ... just kiddin man! i love that bike i had a 2000 f4 for my first bike

Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 PM

i traded it in for my new bike it had 45,000 miles and i gotta say that i beat the shizzle out of that bike and the only thing that i ever had to do was a fuel pump replace.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Member MK2

The chicken strips are there cause I start scraping foot pegs after a certin point... But after the neighbor heard about this issue on my bike he went to his garage and came back with 2 brand new pilot powers and said I could have em. He was like sorry I can't help you out but here is some new meat... It's gonna feel weird having a new tires but I can't wait to get this thing running so I can toast my old tire

Old 06-13-2010, 07:39 PM

now thats a good neighbor! yea i know about hitt'n the pegs i did the same thing on mine when i took it to ride the dragons tail i still had the stoppers on the bottom of the pegs busted both those off with about 10 feet of sparks on the road made the heart jump a bit haha!, i found one of em and thru it at the bottom of the tree of shame, cant wait to take the new bike out there.

Quick Reply: 02 F4i engine or fuel problem?