Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

WTF happened to this site?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Buy him a couple of these and he'll have a better day

Old 01-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy him a couple of these and he'll have a better day
No no... it's jimmy black cans and steve don't care...

But seriously, I don't get it.
Like you said, stretch, I've also been on some very heavy handed sites, and this isn't one of 'em.
Pretty much 3 rules I can think of: 100 posts to sell, don't post p0rn, and don't be a total a-hole.
This thread not getting zapped is a good testament to that.
(although you could easily argue that 2 out of 3 rules have been broken...)

And Steve... +1

Old 01-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Burp / Fart..................wull that all made for a fn long read .............lol
keeler ASSKEY art though........and that **** Germanic Chick .....she's tuff !

Improvement Suggestion numero uno for 2010 ............torch all incidental Peddlerophiles !

Old 01-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make all nay sayers listen to fish heads over n over!!

Old 01-30-2010, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been here for awhile, and I have noticed a pretty big change. There are not nearly the amount of posts as their use to be. It appears that most of the post that are made, are made by new people, who don't stay very long.

Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with the forum before the changes took place. IMHO, this use to the be only site I really checked out on a daily basis. So in someways, even though offtopic was really off topic at times, it was entertaining. Now, I spend a few minutes here and there on the site where I use to spend quite a bit of time.

The funny part is, I really can't put my finger on whats different, as far as its appeal. But it is in fact different. I think things have been made better, but in the process of getting rid of the bad, some of the good has gone away with it.

Just my 2 cents. Still my favorite motorcycle forum.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking as a CBR newbie, but someone that has been around Internet forums for nearly 15 years, this place is pretty good. The traffic I see and response times to posts arent that great all of the time, but as said before the quality of the responses are worth the wait.

I have also noticed that there is very little arguing, flaming, and bickering over there.. a good thing.

I like it here.. otherwise I would have left by now..

Old 01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having seen the changes to the site over the past couple of years I would say that there is more focus on the motorcycle rather than in a sense a "chatroom for CBR fans"
There is definitely more information on bikes, repairs, modifications, and general "bike chat" than was the case in the past.
The lack of "flaming" and bickering is probably due to our focus having changed - not much point in flaming a technical discussion (unless the writer gives a rubbish answer)- in which case he'll be made to look dumb enough without a "flaming" . Most forums that have a very busy "off topic" will have disagreements in that area and "flamers"- it's something that is frowned upon here, and resolved quickly.

In a word - the forum has grown up a bit IMHO
Which doesn't mean we don't know how to have a good laugh - come down to the Hurricane section and you'll see what I mean.

Quick Reply: WTF happened to this site?