CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   Would like to be unrestricted (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/would-like-unrestricted-134529/)

Michael of Burien 02-16-2012 11:38 AM

Would like to be unrestricted

Like others, I've signed up, posted in the new member area multiple times and returned daily for a week or so to check if I have been taken out of "Moderated" status. Nope.

I understand the need for SPAM control. And maybe I just need to be more patient. But hopfully an Administrator can authorize me to be a member of this community before I get frustrated and loose interest.:icon_sad:

Shadow 02-16-2012 09:54 PM

And maybe I just need to be more patient

Yup

before I get frustrated and loose interest

All good things come to those who wait. :)
Gee you only have 4 posts up.......

Acespad3 02-16-2012 10:13 PM

At first I had the same thoughts.. And then I realized after 10 posts, 100 posts.. Things changed. Basically, because I'm not a mod.. My assumption is you are correct on the spam control but the mods are also making sure this is a fun safe community for everyone. So, it's understandable to see if new members stopped by to ask one question and leave or if they are here to actually be part of this great community.
Stick around and enjoy your stay here at CBRF! I can never get enough to read here :)

JustWannaRide 02-16-2012 11:14 PM

^^^^ +1 and it's worth your wait to kill out the spam. I have been on some other forums where I wish they had taken the same precautions.

Michael of Burien 02-16-2012 11:27 PM

I am no stranger to forums and thoroughly enjoy my local rider focused forum PNWRiders.

But let me get this straight. My value to this forum is directly related to my number of post?

I understand about SPAM too. But making it an arduous task for new members to fully participate seems to me would weed out a fair amount of newcomers. Those who don't have the time to post up 54 times in a week just to get a question asked.

Just saying. I'm sure I'll "do my time" and maybe get removed from moderated status. But this forum is not turning out to be the resource I had hoped it would be. Too bad.

Shadow 02-17-2012 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Michael of Burien (Post 1132706)
But let me get this straight. My value to this forum is directly related to my number of post?

As a new participant here you need to realise that the waiting period is for the good of the Forum and the members. Spam is an issue on all forums and is something watched by all the staff here.

I understand about SPAM too. But making it an arduous task for new members to fully participate seems to me would weed out a fair amount of newcomers. Those who don't have the time to post up 54 times in a week just to get a question asked.

Rest assured - ask a question ONCE - it will be responded to by one of the staff.

Just saying. I'm sure I'll "do my time" and maybe get removed from moderated status. But this forum is not turning out to be the resource I had hoped it would be. Too bad

We haven't found this to be the case - new members must understand the reasons behind why the forum is handled this way.
If the forum isn't the resource you expected, perhaps your interests may be better served in a place with less "arduous" membership constraints ? All we ask is that you have patience. It's not much to ask, given what becomes available to you on approval.

Michael of Burien 02-17-2012 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 1132738)
As a new participant here you need to realise that the waiting period is for the good of the Forum and the members. Spam is an issue on all forums and is something watched by all the staff here.

Rest assured - ask a question ONCE - it will be responded to by one of the staff.

Just saying. I'm sure I'll "do my time" and maybe get removed from moderated status. But this forum is not turning out to be the resource I had hoped it would be. Too bad

We haven't found this to be the case - new members must understand the reasons behind why the forum is handled this way.
If the forum isn't the resource you expected, perhaps your interests may be better served in a place with less "arduous" membership constraints ? All we ask is that you have patience. It's not much to ask, given what becomes available to you on approval.

Sorry my panties are in a bunch over this.

Very well said and I shall exhibit said patients. Thanks for all of your understanding about my nOObness.

CBRclassic 02-18-2012 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Michael of Burien (Post 1132770)
Sorry my panties are in a bunch over this.

Very well said and I shall exhibit said patients. Thanks for all of your understanding about my nOObness.

Seems you have seen sense in all out rules and chit mate....
As you can read in at least one of the posts above .... You might wanna be careful about what you say here too ... lol
Just a little advise from some that know from personal experience ....
It takes not too much chit hanging to get an arse banned around here ....***** !!

Om Glad you are happy with our little set of rulze now though ! lolol

chainstretcher 02-18-2012 10:05 PM

Not so Classic, otherwise your verbiage above would be reason enough, eh?

On the topic at hand, I find it distasteful that it is necessary to vet out new members but that is the internet world we live in. This forum was ahead of the curve in that respect so we haven't suffered like other sites have.

For others who have not made it out of moderation yet, rest assured anything you post will be approved as soon as possible and you will be a full member once we get to know you.

Thanks for the patience.

CBRclassic 02-18-2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher (Post 1133286)
Not so Classic, otherwise your verbiage above would be reason enough, eh?

pffffff...
Absolutely nothing but the dam accurate truth in my post Chain ...
and certainly nothing that would get me banned or anyone anywhere on any forum banned...

:icon_deadhorse:

lol