Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Why was this thread closed?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Banned
Default Why was this thread closed?

https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic...y-guys-135214/

People can't even discuss their encounters with other riders?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2

The problem is it turns into a polarized hate-fest. Like it or not, the minority influence
the outcome of threads of this type. Folks, justified or not, tend to exaggerate beyond
the bounds of tact and good taste on the whole issue.

Any time this comes up, I try to point out the silliness of stereotyping ANY cross-section
of people. It only creates missed opportunities and bad karma.
The only utility to these threads...as a vehicle to dissuade folks from the myth.

"Watch out for Harley riders? Come on. "Watch out for slick-spots", etc.
now that's a sentiment I can live with.

Respectfully, Ern

Last edited by MadHattr059; 03-07-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Banned

Its a forum though...people don't have the right to exchange stories/opinions?

This is a prime example of the feeling some of us are getting with the MODS extending their hand too much.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Banned

Not trying to stir the pot....but the moderation has been increasingly overbearing.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Not trying to stir the pot....but the moderation has been increasingly overbearing.

This is a prime example of the feeling some of us are getting with the MODS extending their hand too much.

What Ern said is correct - there's a big difference between having a discussion and telling stories about HD guys (I could tell you many) and the whole thing going downhill in a hurry and becoming a hatefest.

The forum is privately owned and the guidelines for what can stay and what has to go are clear. All we as Mods and Admins are expected to do is keep the whole thing "on the island" If we don't then others will.
If you think this level of moderation is "over the top" you should have seen it 3 or 4 years ago. Your comments would probably have had you "sitting in the stands" for an extended period back then.

It's also a thankless job at times - thanks for keeping it that way

You are of course welcome to chat to Chainstretcher about it and no, I didn't close the thread............
but I did close this one.

Happy to chat in PM's if you feel the need.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Mention my name and I appear ... I am the devil? Or Hitler? Not sure ...

I appreciate all constructive opinions and suggestions for the good ship seabarf (CBRF). From my perspective the moderation is just right. Do they pull the trigger too fast on occasion? Ya, maybe. But I'd rather know that my guys are on the job trying instead of sitting on the sidelines watching the place deteriorate into a name-calling, mine is bigger than yours internet cesspool.

The vision for this forum is made plain for all to see in the forum rules and code of conduct, both found in the new members section. It's not really a valid point to join a forum and expect it to change to suit you. There are too many "you" out there and no way to suit "you" all. So we abide by our rules the best we can for the good of any and all who like motorcycles ... and CBRs in particular.