CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   Where is my thread? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/where-my-thread-120030/)

mad dog tannen 01-10-2011 05:38 PM

Where is my thread?

I put up a thread in the "for sale" section and it's been about 2 days and it is still not up. I don't see anything that I did wrong and I did not get any type of message saying it violated rules.

What's going on? How long does it take to get approved?

jp_greenville13 01-10-2011 06:00 PM

Did you post pics and location? It likely got canned if you didn't.

Scratch that. You're not allowed to post classified ads without 100 posts.

Sorry man.

Shadow 01-10-2011 11:22 PM

1) You must achieve Senior Member status before posting anything for sale on CBRF. All future classifieds by non senior members will be deleted. Senior member status is achieved by 100 or more posts in sections other than "off topic" and "for sale". Post whoring in the other sections to raise post count will not be allowed either

2) All classifieds will have: a) price b) picture of item for sale c) location of item . Failure to include these will result in your ad being deleted. It is a good idea to post up location and price in the title but is not a requirement.

3) Do not "bump" your for sale item. There are days I go through the classifieds and 8 of 10 posts are bumps. We have a great search function with the new site so peeps should easily be able to locate your item. Adding tags will certainly improve your item being found in a search. If you haven't had any bites in 2 weeks you may bump the thread to the top. Constant bumping will cause your thread to be deleted.

4) Classifieds with no activity for 30 or more days will be closed. The thread will still be searchable and readable but no new posts can be made. If you need the thread re-opened just PM a moderator or admin.

5) Your classified ad WILL NOT SHOW UP until it has been reviewed and approved by a moderator. If you forgot to add pictures or did not post a price or location don't be surprised if your post is not approved.

NOW TAKE A WEEK OFF AND READ THE RULES !
And do NOT post for sale items in your siggy, either !!

CBRclassic 01-11-2011 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 1003477)
1)

NOW TAKE A WEEK OFF AND READ THE RULES !
And do NOT post for sale items in your siggy, either !!

Exactly !!! What he said !!! , but doubled with extra cream and sauce !!!!
Concider yu self informed by the main man !!! :icon_sultan: and chit , banned to boot !!! ouch !! that'll learn yu !!!

and don't do it again :icon_hyper: or we will sick the mad killer Kangaroo on yu too ....!!! LOLOL

What's going on? How long does it take to get approved?
Flamin hell !!!!!!!!! ... yu killin me here :icon_laugh:

jp_greenville13 01-11-2011 06:11 AM

Lol. Bye?

Monster F3 01-11-2011 08:11 AM

I noticed my post count has been stuck at 8 for awhile. I beat I have posted 40 times. Is it because I mainly post on my phone? Well guess its not cause of phone cause its nine now. Dunno what the deal is I guess.

kilgoretrout 01-11-2011 08:26 AM

I noticed my post count has been stuck at 8 for awhile. I beat I have posted 40 times. Is it because I mainly post on my phone? Well guess its not cause of phone cause its nine now. Dunno what the deal is I guess.
It's probably because posts in off-topic and sights/sounds don't count towards your post count.

Monster F3 01-11-2011 08:33 AM

K. Thanks, that would prob explain it

chainstretcher 01-11-2011 11:34 AM

A while back the good ship CBRF turned into a giant social club with little regard for members with actual motorcycle related issues. We also had extreme bad guys in the for sale section scamming our members. So the rules were instituted to make it safer to buy stuff and post up motorcycle related topics.

Monster F3 01-11-2011 01:53 PM

Np was just curious. Really I guess it shouldn't take that long.