CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   A question about tracking topics (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/question-about-tracking-topics-143896/)

BorderLineAlaska 12-29-2012 04:22 PM

A question about tracking topics

So although Im not necessarily new to the site, I did have a name change and my account may reflect that I am.

Regardless Ive used this site for almost a year now and I love it. Very helpful and its a very active forum where Ive found many answers to my questions.

One thing that does keep me from being a more active user myself is I find the control panel and interface to be not so "user-friendly" all the time.

If I create a topic, and dont log back in for a day or two I struggle finding it again. Or I come up topics Ive posted before, or come up with topics Ive just replied in (it seems to track these too?)

This very well could be an operator error on my part but I would just like to better understanding the thread tracking system here so I can easily be an active member.

How can I choose what threads to track and which ones not too, whether created by me or not, and the ability to track for X amount of days, is this possible? And where exactly do I look for track topics I have an notifications in general.

If this is addressed in a previous thread or sticky I am sorry, and Im sure I could figure most this stuff out myself but Im at work and I dont always have time to fish through topics and such... another reason why I would like to better understand the accesebility of the site.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

gotcbr 12-29-2012 04:42 PM

First things first... Moving your thread to the Forum Help & Suggestion Center area. ;-)

Yep, spend some time navigating the site... It does take time to learn all the features.

Click on "usercp" in the top menu bar. It will take you to the next pg, which is your User Control Panel. On this pg, you'll see your menu bar down the left side of the pg & your Subscribed Threads on the right. The subscribed threads are those you've posted to.

Also, you can go to your Profile pg & click on Statistics & click on Find All Posts. That will show you everything you've ever posted to as well.

regener8ed 12-29-2012 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1208713)
The subscribed threads are those you've posted to.

... depending on how you've set up your thread subscriptions. (which is probably the default, judging by this thread.)

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1208713)
Also, you can go to your Profile pg & click on Statistics & click on Find All Posts. That will show you everything you've ever posted to as well.

this is the easiest place to find them -- there's a link to show all the threads you've started. click on your user name at the top right of the forum menu banner to see your profile page and click the Statistics tab.
there is also the ability to further customize results by using the Search > Advanced Search function, where you can return specific results for a specific user (including yourself).

74demon 12-29-2012 08:59 PM

Also, the blue bar at the top has a search link, a link to your subscribed threads (under quick links), and your recent topics to filter your subscribed threads by date.

At the top of each thread, under thread tools, you can subscribe to a thread without posting to it.

Sebastionbear1 12-29-2012 09:15 PM

I find using My Recent Topics quite useful rather than doing a full search. Usually I find a topic I want to post to within a minute.

Cheers, SB

kilgoretrout 12-29-2012 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear (Post 1208783)
I find using My Recent Topics quite useful rather than doing a full search. Usually I find a topic I want to post to within a minute.

Cheers, SB

Yep. That's the one I usually use.

RedBaron 12-30-2012 12:54 AM

Also clicking "new posts" only works once, if you click a thread you lose all the new posts and can't go back.

74demon 12-30-2012 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by RedBaron (Post 1208819)
Also clicking "new posts" only works once, if you click a thread you lose all the new posts and can't go back.

The new posts link should work over and over. Periodically the newer posts will refresh though.

RedBaron 12-31-2012 07:16 AM

Yeah I know it should but it doesn't lol, well sometimes not always, does that make sense? yeah it's new years...alcohol....anyway....It comes back with a box saying no search results found or something similar, very frustrating.

BorderLineAlaska 12-31-2012 01:23 PM

ok guys thanks. This pretty much cleared up all my questions. I appreciate it this is a great site. :)