Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Problem Posting...????

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Posting...????

Just curious if i am the only one that has to occasionally copy and paste my posts then hit back and forward on the browser then paste at the bottom and hit OK right away???

PREPOST EDIT: I have to do it right now to post this... Im typing this after hitting ok but before hitting back on the browser...

Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Banned
Default RE: Problem Posting...????

Dang, if I had to do that I would never post... I have no patience. I have noticed some weird things that are apparently specific to this site.

Every once and a while I will close the window and then reopen later and have to re-enter name and password. Never fails, it's like cookies is disabled. It'll happen for a week or so then... gone.

I can't copy anything in a window on this site, either. When I respond to posts, I use the box at the bottom of the screen - I think some people click, "post reply." I'm not sure if that's the reason, but when I type in this little box down at the bottom, I can't copy anything. I can paste but no copy.

There are other things, too. Sometimes for no reason, and usually when I'm typing a big ol long post, I'll click, "post reply" when I'm finished and the progress bar will move ever so slowly and eventually time out. Saving nothing I wrote. That's how I found out I couldn't copy anything in this window, I tried to outsmart it one day when I noticed I was about to lose everything I wrote in a post, highlighted it - no, "copy" available on the right click menu. No control+c, nothing.

Grrr.... Kind of glad to see I'm not the only one with weird goings-on at casa de CBRF.com.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:22 PM

yeah i have been having that problem every now and then, but not all the time. very frustrating when it does happen!

it did it for me like you just described Erion! had to go bacl then forward and copy/paste!! eeerrr!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:27 PM

i have this problem all the time. i thought it was just my computer. it pretty much happens every time. like this one just did it

Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 PM

------------

There are other things, too. Sometimes for no reason, and usually when I'm typing a big ol long post, I'll click, "post reply" when I'm finished and the progress bar will move ever so slowly and eventually time out. Saving nothing I wrote. That's how I found out I couldn't copy anything in this window, I tried to outsmart it one day when I noticed I was about to lose everything I wrote in a post, highlighted it - no, "copy" available on the right click menu. No control+c, nothing.

Grrr.... Kind of glad to see I'm not the only one with weird goings-on at casa de CBRF.com.

-----------

^^ Thats exactly why i have to copy and paste before it itmes out..

Old 05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

I've only had this problem at work...I assumed it had something to do with our crappy overloaded proxy as this is yet to happen to me at home.

I don't always remember to copy & paste at work, and I've lost many a good post to this problem as I'm usually lengthy in my posts and don't feel like re-typing what was said.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

^^^Heard dat.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:58 PM

^^ Same herr

Old 05-13-2008, 11:25 PM
RCR

I had this happen a couple of months ago, It lasted for awhile and stopped. No rhime or reason nothing changed.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:30 PM

ya I always have the damn problem where the site just doesnt respond...hit the link like 3 times and then boom comes up...doesnt matter where I check it at, same problem, in IE and FF, same problem...I dont have any other problems with any other sites, just this one...

and it does it again during this post....

Quick Reply: Problem Posting...????