CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   Post count (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/post-count-105734/)

regener8ed 02-07-2010 10:07 PM

Post count

so i started noticing my post count looking familiar lately; i swear it hasn't changed in a while, like deja vu. i make a post; it doesn't change. if i do a search for all my posts, it indeed returns a different number than the standard post count shows. w'sup?

regener8ed 02-07-2010 10:08 PM

oh, and NOW it decides to change. still doesn't match tho.

PlayfulGod 02-07-2010 10:16 PM

in open topic post doesnt count towards your total. I'm not sure if or which if any other sections do the same.

is that a factory paint scheme on the bike in your sig???

Shadow 02-08-2010 01:00 AM

Classifieds and Off Topic don't count................:)

CBRclassic 02-08-2010 03:49 AM

Its actually none of the above , it's really that the boards hate you and are trying to torture you ...LOL:icon_teeth:

regener8ed 02-08-2010 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
in open topic post doesnt count towards your total. I'm not sure if or which if any other sections do the same.

is that a factory paint scheme on the bike in your sig???

that solves it then.

factory scheme: yes. from the factory: no.

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Its actually none of the above , it's really that the boards hate you and are trying to torture you

ah; there's a more reasonable explanation. :icon_teeth:

PlayfulGod 02-08-2010 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by regener8ed (Post 881334)
that solves it then.

factory scheme: yes. from the factory: no.

ah; there's a more reasonable explanation. :icon_teeth:

ah euro stripe kit?

Juliet 02-08-2010 08:11 AM

Nah, the real truth is we are nothing but a bunch of nazi post deleters ..lol

Jules

JAKECBR1 02-09-2010 07:18 AM

My post count shows 36 and i have 61 on all post. why does off topic not count? not complaning, just wondering?

CBRclassic 02-09-2010 01:30 PM

Some peeps seem to place a lot of weight on post counts ..
Off topic used to be and prolly still is the one board that tends to generate a chat style post reply , rather than the bike related boards that create content that leans more towards bike's and in our case CBR's...and bike related content in general...

It was a decision made quite some time ago here, to only recognize via post count , the contributions to the boards by members that were bike related ..

The choice to implement that rule was not entirely popular , but It did slow down the number of post whores that were getting involved in very short , non bike related chat style replies in off topic ..

hope this explains it a little for you ... :icon_wink:
We are trying to encourage CBR related posting , rather than personal chat ...

and BTW , we do realize that alot of bike related threads do get created in off topic , but thems the rulze ...