CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   Paint and body forum? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/paint-body-forum-133754/)

edwardzx7 01-21-2012 06:37 PM

Paint and body forum?

Just curious if we can get a paint and body section added? I would just like to look at other paint jobs without going to other forums.(nothing against them). Just a idea.

Kuroshio 01-21-2012 07:36 PM

Just a personal opinion, nothing official, I don't think a forum would change anything. People would post in their bike's sub-forum because they're most familiar with the people there and those people would likely be most familiar with their bike (both in general and often specifically).

I just think there'd be too much inertia, to used to dropping pics in their forum, to overcome

chainstretcher 01-22-2012 12:52 PM

Not opposed to the idea but like kuro said, will prolly hear crickets in that section unless you can drum up some support.

You know we have a photo gallery if you're looking for ideas. Or is the goal a how-to paint section?

Susa 01-22-2012 11:24 PM

That sounds like a good idea to me. I was just thinking, i have a question about body kits in general, and not quite sure where i should stick the question...

edwardzx7 01-24-2012 04:57 AM

I hear you, just a idea i got from going on other forums.

hss2010 01-26-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1126132)
Just a personal opinion, nothing official, I don't think a forum would change anything. People would post in their bike's sub-forum because they're most familiar with the people there and those people would likely be most familiar with their bike (both in general and often specifically).

I just think there'd be too much inertia, to used to dropping pics in their forum, to overcome

Id disagree. Paint and body questions or more general than specific to a certain bike. Question on repairing fairings, using bondo, different fillers, sanding wet/dry, what paints to use, different colors, etc. Doesnt matter what bike you have really. A paint and body forum would be a good idea.

As for specific fairings and applications that would be better off in a specific bikes forum section

CBRclassic 02-02-2012 03:15 AM

Tend to agree with Stretch and Kuro ... most guys have a little group in there particular model CBR forum and would still post up in them before going to a board infested with only crickets ...lolol

but hey ... it might be a neat place for all model CBR body mods to be posted with details on how and what was done ???

Could whack one up for 4 week trial perhaps ??

Bugkiller 02-02-2012 05:44 PM

generic paint/repair forum

Tend to agree that generic points would be good ot cover such as how ot paint, prime, repair, modify as no matter what you ride the plastics are the same material to deal with.

Why not trial it?

Rick

edwardzx7 02-05-2012 09:55 AM

Fingers are crossed!!!!!