CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   need to talk to management (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/need-talk-management-103863/)

cebbeler7 12-07-2009 12:44 PM

need to talk to management

I'm somewhat new to the forum and would like to speak with someone that has control of the forum. Basically I have a bike i need parted out and parts that people need but according to the forum rules I have to be a senior member in order to post in the "parting out" section. Any help?

CBRclassic 12-07-2009 01:39 PM

Sorry , but we do not usually make exceptions to that senior member level rule ... and my friend , you have been registered since May and only participated to a 6 post level ?? ATM .
.. Ebay is a better option IMO ...

Selling on our boards is a privilege that is earnt around here ...
The rule is in place for reasons that you prolly won't understand , but that's how it is ...:icon_shrug:

cebbeler7 12-08-2009 09:46 AM

yeah i really don't know that much about bikes. If I had one that was running I could learn and what not, but thats not the case. So I don't really have much to offer the forum other than offering my parts that I have, but thanks

Shadow 12-08-2009 11:53 AM

Why not look up the workshop manual for your bike - there are also plenty of "how to" threads for you to study and ask other members about.
You may not know much now, but it won't be long if you persevere before you start to get some info.
In the meantime, ask questions of the other members - they are a helpful bunch, and you'll be surprised how fast your post count will climb.............I learn something every time I come here, and I've been biking for over 40 years ! :eek:
Good luck !
Pete

cebbeler7 12-09-2009 10:13 AM

thank you very much. It's true you can never stop learning. Is quite a bit... most people I've talked with either have some life altering fall that makes them stop riding. Are you just a hardass or just love biking? haha

Shadow 12-09-2009 12:59 PM

Old enough to know better, too young to stop............................
We may have to grow old, but growing up is optional..............:)
We've all had the "life altering experiences" at some stage - hell we lost two riders in my town this last 8 days. Not their fault, just in the wrong place at the wrong time - on the way back from our National Toy Run for underprivileged kids - sad, huh ?
That's how it is when people in cages have no respect for bikes...................
Luck to you.
Pete

CBRclassic 12-09-2009 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by cebbeler7 (Post 864148)
thank you very much. It's true you can never stop learning. Is quite a bit... most people I've talked with either have some life altering fall that makes them stop riding. Are you just a hardass or just love biking? haha

It is a fact that the majority that have the unfortunate experience of a real bad accident tend to give riding away afterwards...
... lets just say that I personally fall into that bracket but never gave it away ... am I a hardass ? :icon_denk: yer prolly most that know me would say that .... but I prefer to go with the idea that some peeps are just meant to ride and some are not ... and that fact does not exposes its self till after you have your first hard trip down the road on your arse and wreck your bike ...

After a bad crash, you will soon know which one you are too ...LOL

BTW - If by some chance you believe that you are too good and careful to ever crash ..... give it up now ...:icon_shrug:

cebbeler7 12-10-2009 09:01 AM

don't worry my ego is very low and I keep it that way. Confidence is once thing, but being an idiot is another. Thank you for all the advice guys