Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

MORE Ads?!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE Ads?!

Seriously, how many freaking advertisements need to be plastered on this website? Even that ad that gets stuck in between the threads throws off the usability, depending on how quickly I want to select a thread to read - sometimes I even click the ad by mistake after it loads right before I try to click on the top thread. And now the section that I most often frequent, the F4i area (which is probably one of the top three most popular sections) has been pushed down further by "sponsors".

It's getting ridiculous. You're alienating me and possibly other people from even wanting to be here. I shouldn't have to add extensions to my web browser to help sanitize the page just to make it bearable. It's disappointing that the people who own this site don't give a crap about the users and just want to make money.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
Seriously, how many freaking advertisements need to be plastered on this website? Even that ad that gets stuck in between the threads throws off the usability, depending on how quickly I want to select a thread to read - sometimes I even click the ad by mistake after it loads right before I try to click on the top thread. And now the section that I most often frequent, the F4i area (which is probably one of the top three most popular sections) has been pushed down further by "sponsors".

It's getting ridiculous. You're alienating me and possibly other people from even wanting to be here. I shouldn't have to add extensions to my web browser to help sanitize the page just to make it bearable. It's disappointing that the people who own this site don't give a crap about the users and just want to make money.
Ads pay the bills. You can always install adblock for chrome or firefox and it blocks ALL the ads.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Banned

Ads have become overwhelming....Mods are wayyyyy to strict and overbearing....

This place does nothing to retain users.

Maybe we should start a competing forum?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by Boxdgm
Ads pay the bills. You can always install adblock for chrome or firefox and it blocks ALL the ads.
Like I said, I shouldn't have to. As someone who has used the internet for more than five minutes, I've gotten used to online advertising. But there is a limit / breaking point for websites. The nearly stock vBulletin theme on this website is really busy (read: visually distracting) as it is - but throw on top of that enough ads to cover ~40% of the screen in certain places? It's enough to make people not want to use the website.

And when people don't use the website, they don't click on ads. When they don't click on ads, advertisers stop buying the space. You can see where this is going.

kaz, I've considered that, and I have the means. Perhaps if there was enough demand for it and other members to help support (moderate), I'd consider it further. But I don't have the time to task that all myself, especially if it wouldn't get any activity.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ads pay the bills. If you think the few sponsors we have keep us rolling in dough you are mistaken.

Feel free to splinter off and start your own place. You'll appreciate how much work our moderators do when you have 100 different attitudes taking internet swings at each other. They spend countless hours keeping the place on topic and free from internet thugs. Lots of idiot forums on the net if you just wanna have a pissing contest with some unknown idiot.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 PM

Bah Gregg! I had a nice long post all typed in and ya jumped in first

Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Sorry dude ... didn't mean to steal yo thunder

I'm not blind to increasing ads and it isn't my favorite activity to avoid tricksy ads. I hope our adverts here are tasteful. If there is a particular ad that really upsets someone shoot me a PM and we will see what happens.

Regarding moderation ... read the forum rules and code of conduct (new member section) ... that should explain our policy here.

Search this Thread