CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   Mobile pics (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/mobile-pics-130326/)

03cbr6 09-01-2011 04:17 AM

Mobile pics

Sorry if theres something on this already but couldnt find anything.is there any way for me to post pics off of my phone? My computer sucks and thats how I get on the site.

chainstretcher 09-02-2011 06:31 PM

Smart phone ... yes. Regular phone with camera, I don't think so. Well, back up a sec, I know android browser will let you load pics to the forum so I suspect iphone will as well. Crackberry, dunno ... maybe one of their users will chime in.

kilgoretrout 09-04-2011 08:36 AM

Crackberry, dunno ... maybe one of their users will chime in.
I wouldn't suggest even trying to access this website from a blackberry unless you wanna end up slitting your wrists with your battery cover. I'm on a torch with OS6.

Every click you make, it asks if you want to switch to the "new mobile theme".
If you go mobile.... you have zero options but text. Hell, if you click on a thread with more than 1 page... you can't even choose pages. It starts you on the first page, and then you have to manually click "next page" until you get to the current posts. It could take you an hour. (this is just the tip of the iceburg as far as limited functionality goes)

If you choose to just use the regular web version, it asks you if you want to switch to mobile every time you click anything. Sometimes it asks multiple times.
If you have the patience to try and make a reply, pics are out of the question. It won't upload as attachments and you have a 19kb limit anyway. Every time I've tried it just says "upload failed" anyway. (if you can keep it from logging you out completely. Sometimes it just takes you to the login screen)

So yeah... blackberry is totally useless with this site.... pics or not.

03cbr6 09-05-2011 03:46 AM

Thanks the problem was I couldnt access it through the mobile theme but got a few pics up now

pittsm 09-05-2011 08:43 AM

How do you do it with Android? I haven't figured it out yet

chainstretcher 09-05-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by pittsm (Post 1096902)
How do you do it with Android? I haven't figured it out yet

Disable mobile browsing and view as actual web pages. Then do it like you would from your home puter. It's still cumbersome but can be done. Personally, I'd send it from phone to facebook and link from there ... mucho easier. Crackberrys seem to be the bomb if you're dealing with other crackberrys. Not so much with everything else ...

And "No" ... we are not getting our mobil app. I did try but it seems with all the people swapping on our corporate side that it is not happening. I haven't been 'officially' told but I just have the feeling it ain't rolling down the tracks anytime soon.

pittsm 09-05-2011 05:05 PM

For some reason mine won't do it. Captivate running Android 2.3, when I hit the attach button nothing ever pops up to choose the pic