Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

To many sections

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To many sections

This is just a suggestion, so don't take it the wrong way. I am an activemembver to about 6 forums including this one, and one thing that I have noticed about CBRForums is the number of diffrent sections to post in. A forum with so few memebrs should try to consolidate the majority of Topics to as few sections as possible, making it easier to get a response, and making the forum appear more active.

Again, just a suggestion, but I think there are to many diffrent sections.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: To many sections

Actually the excess of sections is to make getting a specific response easier and gives people with the same model bikes a place to talk about issues specific to their model.

Appreciate the input though

Old 10-18-2006, 12:56 PM

Well see I beg to differ. It is certainly great to have a section dedicated to my bike, but if only the owners of that particular bike read my posts, I am only getting the responses from these folk. So if there are 10 F4 owners, I am limited to only 10 knowledgeable riders, whereas if there were more general forums, everyone would read it and everyone could provide input. By segregating the forums you are indirectly limiting the information that can be acquired, regardless of topic.

Another benefit would be the more frequent replies. I have seen multiple instances where a thread has been made, and the first reply received days later. It is far more beneficial to have a more immediate reply, not to mention how much more interesting it makes the forum. It keeps people clicking "refresh", and if you are trying to gather members, you must keep them interested.

My opinion only.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:12 PM

The only reason we have so many forums on here was due to member request. If a member requested it and there was enough interest, a forum was created. Now, they may not being used or have alot of members posting in a certain area, but there was the interest at one point in time for it.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:45 PM

I like the different sections because you can target a specific audience if you need to, or you could always post up in General Tech.

I always click on "Today's Posts" when I first come t o the site to see what's being posted right now, then I go to my few favorite sections to see what's going on there. But I always keep clicking Today's Posts to get a refresh of what's new.

Just the way I do it.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

I like the different sections because you can target a specific audience if you need to, or you could always post up in General Tech.

I always click on "Today's Posts" when I first come t o the site to see what's being posted right now, then I go to my few favorite sections to see what's going on there. But I always keep clicking Today's Posts to get a refresh of what's new.

Just the way I do it.
+1

Old 10-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, other forums that are not manufacturer specific (ie honda, kawi, zuk, etc.) do not have so many sections, but the ones that are manufacturer specific do have subforums for many of the bike models...

and that's just the way the cookie crumbles.