Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Logging On Before Scanning New Posts

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Logging On Before Scanning New Posts

Whenever I have to first log in prior to clicking on the 'New Posts' button it says that there are no new posts, even if I haven't been on here in several days. It then gives me the option of displaying any new posts over the past 24 hours. If I haven't been on for several days I don't know what I might have missed if a thread was created or updated since my last visit but is still more than 24 hours since the last post in it.

This isn't a problem on my home PC because I have the 'Remember Me' option checked and I don't have to sign in again when I get here. However, I'm on vacation (daily highs of 70F* here in Orlando ) and using a different computer. I just dropped by to see what was going on and had to sign in.

This forum seems to be the only one I've encounterd that does this.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

may be a cookie issue for you - cuz it has always worked fine for me.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Works good for me also phone or computer

How is disney land

Old 12-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lj 900RReno
How is disney land
I'll look through my settings and see if there's something different for this forum cookie-wize than any of the others I'm on. Like I said, the problem only happens when I sign onto this forum from a different computer than my home PC.

Anyway, DisneyWORLD (not Land) is nice and warm and full of the holiday spirit everywhere. Right now outside my window it is 73*F and sunny. Back home at this moment it is 25*F. I think I'd like to stay here a while longer.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I'll look through my settings and see if there's something different for this forum cookie-wize than any of the others I'm on. Like I said, the problem only happens when I sign onto this forum from a different computer than my home PC.

Anyway, DisneyWORLD (not Land) is nice and warm and full of the holiday spirit everywhere. Right now outside my window it is 73*F and sunny. Back home at this moment it is 25*F. I think I'd like to stay here a while longer.
Sorry jeff slipped.my.mind I forgot disneyland is in california and disneywold is.in florida. Simple mistake im sorry.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
It will be a cookie issue on the other computers ...

cookies are all that allows websites to recognize you and figure out what you have been doing...... so they can update you .

Well, the thing is I'm using my wife's notebook PC while we're on vacation. The first time I used it to log on here yesterday I had to sign in and got the 'No New Messages' pop-up. However, when I signed in I checked the 'Remember Me' box.

Now today when I visited here I did not have to sign in again and it displayed all the new messages from when I was on last. I dunno...I'll keep searching for a fix. It does not do this on any of the other forums I have to sign onto when I'm away from my home PC, just this one.