CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   Logging On Before Scanning New Posts (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/logging-before-scanning-new-posts-119170/)

RoadiJeff 12-04-2010 10:17 PM

Logging On Before Scanning New Posts

Whenever I have to first log in prior to clicking on the 'New Posts' button it says that there are no new posts, even if I haven't been on here in several days. It then gives me the option of displaying any new posts over the past 24 hours. If I haven't been on for several days I don't know what I might have missed if a thread was created or updated since my last visit but is still more than 24 hours since the last post in it.

This isn't a problem on my home PC because I have the 'Remember Me' option checked and I don't have to sign in again when I get here. However, I'm on vacation (daily highs of 70F* here in Orlando :) ) and using a different computer. I just dropped by to see what was going on and had to sign in.

This forum seems to be the only one I've encounterd that does this.

regener8ed 12-04-2010 11:16 PM

may be a cookie issue for you - cuz it has always worked fine for me.

LJ Harp 12-05-2010 12:52 AM

Works good for me also phone or computer

How is disney land

RoadiJeff 12-05-2010 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lj 900RReno (Post 993922)
How is disney land

I'll look through my settings and see if there's something different for this forum cookie-wize than any of the others I'm on. Like I said, the problem only happens when I sign onto this forum from a different computer than my home PC.

Anyway, DisneyWORLD (not Land) is nice and warm and full of the holiday spirit everywhere. Right now outside my window it is 73*F and sunny. Back home at this moment it is 25*F. I think I'd like to stay here a while longer. :icon_wink:

LJ Harp 12-05-2010 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 994064)
I'll look through my settings and see if there's something different for this forum cookie-wize than any of the others I'm on. Like I said, the problem only happens when I sign onto this forum from a different computer than my home PC.

Anyway, DisneyWORLD (not Land) is nice and warm and full of the holiday spirit everywhere. Right now outside my window it is 73*F and sunny. Back home at this moment it is 25*F. I think I'd like to stay here a while longer. :icon_wink:

Sorry jeff slipped.my.mind I forgot disneyland is in california and disneywold is.in florida. Simple mistake im sorry.

CBRclassic 12-05-2010 03:01 PM

It will be a cookie issue on the other computers ...

cookies are all that allows websites to recognize you and figure out what you have been doing...... so they can update you .

:icon_wink:

RoadiJeff 12-05-2010 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 994071)
It will be a cookie issue on the other computers ...

cookies are all that allows websites to recognize you and figure out what you have been doing...... so they can update you .

:icon_wink:

Well, the thing is I'm using my wife's notebook PC while we're on vacation. The first time I used it to log on here yesterday I had to sign in and got the 'No New Messages' pop-up. However, when I signed in I checked the 'Remember Me' box.

Now today when I visited here I did not have to sign in again and it displayed all the new messages from when I was on last. I dunno...I'll keep searching for a fix. It does not do this on any of the other forums I have to sign onto when I'm away from my home PC, just this one.

CBRclassic 12-05-2010 03:17 PM

Yer ...it did that because it saved the cookie from the first time and remembered you ..

On some PC's , if they are set to NOT save cookies , even checking the remember me will not work ...

I think the devils responsible ...lol