CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   Large Pics/Small Pics (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/large-pics-small-pics-128364/)

Trey929RR 07-16-2011 10:03 PM

Large Pics/Small Pics

How come some people post a picture and it is huge, but when I post one it is small? Or it makes me signature picture only 600 pixels wide when other have at least over 1800? Is this because those people are admin and I am not? I have a professional camera and it reduces my pictures to 600X600. Just wondering. BTW, this is an awesome site. Have been looking for something like this and since I am in the military I move around a lot and it allows me to keep in contact with people and find people/activities around me that pertain to the best motorcycles around CBR's. Just found this last month, wish i would have found it 6 years ago.

F34Me? 07-16-2011 10:13 PM

You have to use the [ IMG ] tag with a hosted photo. If you upload the photo as an attachment the forum will resize it.

As for the signature, I believe it is a restriction on height that is causing you problems, not length.

regener8ed 07-16-2011 10:15 PM

it depends on how you post up a picture.

a) if you do a forum "attachment", then yes it places restrictions on the size of the file you upload.

b) if you embed an image (using the [ IMG ][ / IMG ] tags, or the https://cbrforum.com/forum/images/ki...nsertimage.gif button), then it will be whatever size the original image (hosted somewhere else on the internet) actually is.

c) yes, signature pics have additionally restrictive requirements, and no, no one has one 1800 pixels wide.

Trey929RR 07-16-2011 10:40 PM

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the quick response. I understand what you mean about resizing.

Regener8ed: How is your sig picture over twice as wide as mine.. That is what I mean. It told me when I was uploading the picture for signature that 600X600 pixels was limit. Someone else has one that goes all the way across the screen (it is an american flag with a guy saluting in the middle and "CBRFORUM" on the far right). Just being inquisitive.

F34Me? 07-16-2011 10:52 PM

If you make that picture wider this way ---------->

and take some of the height out this way l
l
l
l
V

Then upload it to your own hosting and use the [ IMG ] tag to embed the photo in your signature.

Trey929RR 07-16-2011 11:01 PM

Which Way?

Originally Posted by F34Me? (Post 1079928)
If you make that picture wider this way ---------->

and take some of the height out this way l
l
l
l
V

Then upload it to your own hosting and use the [ IMG ] tag to embed the photo in your signature.

*Noted*
Got it.. forgot you could add a sig pic from a URL. I am 26 not 5, you don't have to talk to me like I am an idiot. Obviously I am new to this and asking a question, not asking for belittling comments. This makes people not want to participate in posts. I will just use PM if i have a question. Thanks. Sharing is Caring, Belittling is Ignorant.

F34Me? 07-16-2011 11:04 PM

Dude, I totally told you what to do in the first post, you obviously did not understand, so I made it a bit clearer! Not trying to be a dick, just making sure you followed the directions.

Trey929RR 07-16-2011 11:06 PM

Thank you for your help.

regener8ed 07-16-2011 11:34 PM

mods/admins do enjoy slightly less restrictive sig policies, but you can also experiment with your own sig to give the appearance of size -- such as centering or aligning an image to the right while placing text on either side. you can also use INDENT to push it farther from the edge, or i sometimes use text symbols that match the background color to add space to things (if you select over top of my current sig, you'll notice that the vacant space is not all due to the image).

as always, i'm happy to assist if you have something in mind but are unsure of a good way to implement it.

CBRclassic 07-16-2011 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by regener8ed (Post 1079941)
mods/admins do enjoy slightly less restrictive sig policies,

and don't forget the huge pay check !.....:icon_laugh:

Hey if you get stuck Trey929RR .... As was said , do feel free to yell out and one of us will help you a bit ....for the right money that is ?...
J/k ...:icon_wink: