Just a suggestion re-new member registration. - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here..

Old 04-13-2016, 01:52 PM

Default Just a suggestion re-new member registration.

I recently registered here as I purchased a CBR1000F and browsing the forum it seemed THE place to be for the model....however, if the account registration isn't completed by the admin staff, there is NO email contact for them to chase it up. The new member doesn't even have privileges to send a mod a message.

I was waiting a few days until in the end I just clicked on the report thread button and a mod completed it within the hour. (cheers 74Demon)
Old 04-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM

New members are able to post and start threads (or should be able to), but not send private messages. The post/thread must be approved by a moderator at first. Once a few posts are made and we get to know that you are a real human, your account will be activated and will have full privileges. It's set up this way so regular members are spared the spam posts and threads that show up on the boards.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:30 PM

In that case I unsure what happened as after I verified the email any time I clicked new post it showed the message your account is maybe locked or awaiting moderation or similar.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exuptoy View Post
I recently registered here as I purchased a CBR1000F and browsing the forum it seemed THE place to be for the model....however, if the account registration isn't completed by the admin staff, there is NO email contact for them to chase it up. The new member doesn't even have privileges to send a mod a message.

I was waiting a few days until in the end I just clicked on the report thread button and a mod completed it within the hour. (cheers 74Demon)
Thank you SO MUCH for making this thread. This happened to me too. I did as you suggested, and now I can post. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM

Update:

There was some code issues in the forum framework that made it so new members couldn't post like they should. The issue has been corrected and membership approval should be smoother now.

Thanks for the patience and feedback that brought it to our attention.