CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   iphone app (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/iphone-app-119906/)

KenG 01-06-2011 08:46 AM

iphone app

what you use to get here from iphone,,,?

i downloaded "forum runner" which runs with vBulletin and phpBB,
but it seems your site has to be registered with them.

is there another app to get cbff on or can we get on the reg?

cheers, and thanks Ken:icon_hyper:lol

Sprock 01-09-2011 10:39 AM

Question has come up before Ken, some of us are "wishing" for "Tapatalk" an app
that can be used on many phone os's including iphone ...... but involves some server
side loads to be functional .... ........hopefully one of these months the Tech' Gods
will look upon the request favorably.

An App sure would be helpful !

Leugs31 01-09-2011 10:44 AM

Agreed!

I think an app would be a great idea! I check probably once a month to see if anyone has added one. Hopefully soon though.:icon_shrug:

Sprock 01-09-2011 11:37 AM

Update

for the iphone at least

I just brought down "Forums" ($2.99) from the itunes store

It runs and handily displays the CBR Forum well

More later as I use it a some more

edit

Works better than native browser with replys etc.

PlayfulGod 01-09-2011 01:53 PM

Tapatalk is a simple install for the techs. Actually takes more time registering with tapatalks network than it does to install it lol. 10 minutes tops!

Has anyone contacted corp and asked then to install it?

chainstretcher 01-09-2011 03:31 PM

Last time I brought it up at the "meeting" I was told there would be an IB wide solution but it would not be tapatalk. There have been a lot of changes at corp in the last few months so I guess we'll get what we get when we get it :icon_shrug:

I'm running android os and using native browser and this place flies ... so dunno if I-pown is just crep or what :D

jp_greenville13 01-09-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher (Post 1003098)
I'm running android os and using native browser and this place flies ... so dunno if I-pown is just crep or what :D

+1

although I still havent figured out how to upload pics from the celly

PlayfulGod 01-09-2011 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher (Post 1003098)
Last time I brought it up at the "meeting" I was told there would be an IB wide solution but it would not be tapatalk. There have been a lot of changes at corp in the last few months so I guess we'll get what we get when we get it :icon_shrug:

oh I can run it native on my android too, but I dont like having to scroll side to side, etc.

Corp sux lol, tapatalk is free for them to install n reg ;) I think its $2.99 for the app on the phones.

jp_greenville13 01-09-2011 05:50 PM

Scrolling side to side? I just zoom in and everything auto fits?

chainstretcher 01-09-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13 (Post 1003125)
Scrolling side to side? I just zoom in and everything auto fits?

Ya, mine too. Dunno about uploading ... might try sharing it to a photo account or facespace then just link it here.