CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   I gotta vent!!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/i-gotta-vent-99386/)

Northernfirepower 08-21-2009 08:59 AM

I gotta vent!!!!

I’m not trying to be a nitpicker or point fingers at anyone specific, but it seems that this place has become a place of assumptions and bad moral. Take a good look at these two threads and let me know how you feel about the way these “new” members are talked about … right in their own thread.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-900rr-19/cbr-need-resurrection-96705/

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/anyone-want-their-f3-pic-upcoming-magazine-article-98676/

The 900RR thread, I can understand how a skeptic would think the bikes stolen, but if you don’t have any positive input, why the hell bother posting unless you just want to scare off a prospective good new member.

Now for the second thread … this is what got under my skin, we have an actual writer for Sport Rider magazine requesting info, and instead of being open minded, we get some members that make asses of themselves voicing their skepticisms again! A strike at myself I took as a joke and rolled with it, but when we have an actual magazine journalist requesting information at this site, do we want to leave him with a black eye or a positive influence where he may return for info on other CBR models?

I know I’ll probably get bashed for even making this thread, but I really don’t care. All I wish is for some of you negative ass-hats to take a look at what you write overall and maybe see how often you are putting a foot in your mouth and making this forum look bad for everyone!

kilgoretrout 08-21-2009 07:00 PM

Northern,
I think you MAY be overreacting just a bit.
The first thread sounds a WHOLE LOT like that bike is stolen. I mean, no title and no vin sticker? That's pretty shady. Could people have handled it a little better? Maybe. But you can't expect everyone to answer as you would.
It looks like they made up so far in that one, too.

As far as the second thread, could it be that you're in a little pissing contest with johnny? Maybe just a little?
It seems like the joke was kinda aimed at you? Was it a little out of line....I'd say so. Didn't seem like too big of a deal, though, and if the journalist has any sense I'm sure he won't blame the entire forum for one stupid joke. It looks like he's got some pretty good interest, too.
It was cool of you to apologize to him, though...

PlayfulGod 08-21-2009 08:07 PM

I didnt find the remarks in either thread all that bad considering. Uncalled for maybe, but not bad. On the 900 thread I would have suspected it being stolen myself, but would have just asked how he came about it n then suggested about applying for a lost title.

just my opinion tho ;)

bambam 08-22-2009 09:31 AM

NFP, bro , wnsnt trin to ruffle feathers on that 900 post, just feel that some of our younger members should know that no VIN sticker is a bad sign, not just on bikes but any thing. i know that a cheap or free CBR is very tempting, ijust know there are a lot of hoops to jump to make that bike yours. Youve been here a long time and seen all types of idiots come and GO. Dont let streetglow get ya down.peace...oh did you revisit that thread? i gave him all the help i could.

CBRclassic 08-22-2009 04:47 PM

I think I can understand what you are trying to point out Adam , but I will say that really on the whole we do manage to keep most of the negative chit to a minimum here mate ..
As you know from browsing some other bike forums , chit hanging and negativity has been and still is allowed to run out of control in allot of cases , to the point where , I know I personally would not bother to join them ..

As far as noobs go , I spose in reality it can be hard to give advice and steer them in the right direction without sounding a little negative at times ... :icon_shrug:

We have a standing policy here that commands all staff to watch out for any over the top negativity and we promote to all members that they report the first sign of extreme cases to us ...

This pollicy has bought us into conflict with a few members on more than one occassion for being to tight in the way we moderate this place ..

To take this to an even higher level I think would be not in the intrest of the CBRF...
It is a fine balancing act Adam and I hope everyone can understand that there is a point where moderation and rules canot be taken beyond...

A little amount of chit and negativity will always get through mate , but I hope , with everyones help here , we can keep it to a tollerable level so that every body can post here with minimal fear of being trashed or hsarrassed on the boards and at least members know that the moment we spot excessive cases of it , that we will step in and bring it to a stop... :icon_biggrin:

Steve ...... http://www.cbr-riders.com/forum/imag...s/smiley20.gif

PlayfulGod 08-22-2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by bambam (Post 826652)
NFP, bro , wnsnt trin to ruffle feathers on that 900 post, just feel that some of our younger members should know that no VIN sticker is a bad sign, not just on bikes but any thing. i know that a cheap or free CBR is very tempting, ijust know there are a lot of hoops to jump to make that bike yours. Youve been here a long time and seen all types of idiots come and GO. Dont let streetglow get ya down.peace...oh did you revisit that thread? i gave him all the help i could.

mine doesnt have the VIN 'sticker' but I do have the title and the VIN is stamped into the neck of the frame. :)

bambam 08-22-2009 06:15 PM

DONT HIDE SECRETS, do tell

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 826762)
mine doesnt have the VIN 'sticker' but I do have the title and the VIN is stamped into the neck of the frame. :)

SUPER . i must have no reason for sayin what im sayin then.

chainstretcher 08-22-2009 07:46 PM

I just realized that NFP might mean Nothern Fire Power instead of No F*ckin Problem. Hey, I'm slow in the head sometimes ... never tried to hide that fact :D

So let me say that your frustration is noted and shared. However, we do our best to let people speak their mind on any given subject (except politics and religion). If it goes over the line we (by we I mean the staff of Seabarf) try to either ease the tension or make it go bye-bye. It really is a tough row to hoe ... but sometimes you just gotta grin and keep on going.

CBRclassic 08-22-2009 08:10 PM

I just realized that NFP might mean Nothern Fire Power instead of No F*ckin Problem.
Coffee spit:icon_doh: !!! ... thanks Gregg... ***** :)

yer yer ...I know ...om goin ..:icon_couchhide:

KongBastard 08-23-2009 05:17 AM

I looked at the 2 threads. The guy with the 900 has to realize that it looks like it could have been stolen. If the cops saw it in his back yard and knew there was no title/vin sticker they would run the stamped vin in a second. Just because it was "abandoned" doesn't mean the current "owner" can give it away.

I think some good advice was given in the thread and it was a lot nicer than what I have seen in other places.

Regarding the photojournalist. He didn't provide ANY proof that he is who he says he is. He has an AOL email address and says that he is the guy from the magazine. I can set up an email address at an ISP, say I am Barack Obama and tell you to google my name. I don't know if it is a scam or not, or if it is a scam, what he is really looking for but...why take a chance? I mean - out of his two sample shots (from his extensive collection, seeing that he is a photo moto journalist) you would think he could find two that were exactly what he wanted (the second one he has the chick in it.)

I think people are getting more cautious and wise, think that if it walks like a duck..., and are protective of the forum they consider home.

I can't fault them...

my 2 cents

KongBastard