Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Classifieds....

Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Default Classifieds....

So I just took a look around for the riding gear section and realized there is still a parts section at the bottom of the main forum...

We should do away with this for more productive classifieds. For the last few months I've only searched classifieds in the sub forum for my bike and was oblivious to the fact that they could have been posted in two places...

Just an idea...

Old 01-26-2011, 11:04 PM

Yeah... it took me a minute to realize those were down there. I would think it would work better, either "bike specific" or not; not mixing the two... then we have a lot of parts being double posted.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Administrator - Retired

Well... the classified parts section on the main board was the original and is still quite active. Not sure how you didn't know it was there. lol.
If it was a dead section (and every section had it's own parts classifieds) I could see maybe removing it, but.....

Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 PM

I used to know it was there.but I assumed it went away with the coming of bike sections. I know It's some work but it would make way more sense to.close the main area to posting and make bike specific. Sections or to get rid of bike specific sections....

Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 PM

Like I said... I think it should be either/or... not both.

The way it is now, there's no point in having bike specific sections, because you still have to go sift through the gen FS threads for people who posted there instead of the bike specific classifieds.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

and was oblivious to the fact that they could have been posted in two places...
Nope - they are in one or the other.
Not every bike section has its own for sale section, as the traffic in those sections doesn't warrant it for example 900's, and the european models etc.
Geez, how long does it take to check both or either place ? C'mon....

Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
and was oblivious to the fact that they could have been posted in two places...

Geez, how long does it take to check both or either place ? C'mon....
Not long at all if you realize they are both there. My point is that sellers aren't going to get as many hits as they would if areas were consolidated, because, inevitably, people are going to miss the fact that there are two places they should look.

Also, I realize that there isn't much traffic for some models but does it really help to cluster them in one big group at the bottom. I mean after all IH the end the parts still fit the bike.they're made for. If someone is looking for something they know where to look.

Just my .02 but it seems like its the.obvious.choice.

@classic. What's your paypal addy? Lol

Old 01-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Original classifieds stay put ... as each section gets a section moderator and more traffic they can have bike specific classifieds. But gear is pretty generic to all bikes ... and some stuff fits more than one flavor of bike.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:46 PM

I agree to an extent. It seems like it would just make more sense to have bike specific parts f/s f/t and the main classifieds for bikes, gear, and misc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Classifieds....

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.