Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Bigger Avatar!!! Maybe even a new banner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bigger Avatar!!! Maybe even a new banner?

This is what makes this forum weakkk.. It would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better, and I'm not exaggerating.. soooooooooooooooooooooo muchh better if our avatar size wasn't so restricted, with such a limited size. It's nice to see other forum users bike as their avatar. Camon now, I understand if there was premium member features (or is there?) who get that privilege, but if there's not.. try to make the forum more appealing by granting us this feature, and maybe a banner change wouldn't be so bad either. A New look would definitely generate more traffic.

The head admin of the site should consider it. I can guarantee it will be much better. And the banner, it looks like the CBR is on fire. We wanna worship it, not destroy it! lol

Thank you for reading, and possibly considering this change, for the better!

I'll even give head admin a kiss

Come on you know you want too!! >>

Am I right or am I right?
lol just joking

No, but seriously please consider>

lol.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:19 AM

LOL!! I just looked at my avatar, and that **** is TINY. Wowwww. I feel like I'm getting punished. My toenail is bigger than that!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

avatars offer a bit of individuality and provide a visual key for you to recognize members -- if you want to look at everyone's bikes, try the photo galleries. pretending that everyone would use their avatar to show off their bike is a bit naive; the current size restrictions (which all roots in the old "give an inch, take a mile" problem with human nature) are VERY standard for most forums.

by way of advice: your own avatar could be almost twice a wide as it is. if you were to crop off the ceiling of the garage the image would not need to be so small to fit within the vertical limits.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 AM

I don't see why a user wouldn't want to display his/her bike as an avatar if they did own one a bike, but I meant to speak for any pic in general. I am almost certain many users would find it better, but if the decision must be based on what is standard on most forums, opposed to what's nicer for the registered users, then that's just holding back on improvement.

Galleries, photos and albums are much larger, and convenient if you want to see more of someone's bike, yes. However, displaying someone's signature photo of their choice is kind of important. It's almost all we have to separate yourselves from the rest at first glance; Avatar & a Sig.

I was administrator of a very popular and big Sony PSP modification forum, and this is what a lot of the users found nice to have, but again, that's just an example/opinion, and this is just a suggestion.

If you want to see what I'm referring to, check out Stuntlife, and click on any thread. The sizing is perfect, and it really stands out nice. IMO it made a significant difference in making the site intriguing.

Again, not speaking for everyone, but just trying to help spice things up, and I think this would be a great start. Maybe a poll to see what the users find better, only if our opinions matter of course.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I'm happy they ain't that big as it'd make for some super long chopped up threads
with that kinda resolution. Not a fan of the stuntlife and similar format style boards either
but hey that's just my personal opinion on it !

Last edited by Sprock; 08-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ditto
But:
I fixed your avatar so you can see what it is you ride - color would've been nice but that's your choice.

Oh and by the way, your siggy isn't/wasn't seen as appropriate, so it's gone..............

only if our opinions matter of course.
Not with the grand total of 87 posts, get some time in and it'll be considered.