F4i - For-Sale / Trade Post up your extras here. Forum rules apply: Senior member, pics, price and location.

2006 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so anyone interested, let me know...not trying to step on anyones toes, just trying to sell

Old 04-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by new06f4iowner
so anyone interested, let me know...not trying to step on anyones toes, just trying to sell
Like I said, just trying to help you out if if for some reason you didn't have any idea what the market is for these bikes.

Good luck with the sale

Old 04-20-2011, 11:18 AM

kelly blue book says the low book on it is $3100 and the high book is $4500.

so you should be shooting somewhere right in the middle there. that would be the fair market value of your bike. not saying you won't get $4700 out of it, but it is highly unlikely you'll find someone that uneducated. but throw it on ebay, you never know....

Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
October 2011 ROTM

It really irritates me when people start telling the seller what price they need to charge. Maybe to the seller the bike is worth $6K and if he gets it then he will sell and if not then he won't. Is it worth $6K to me, well no but to someone else maybe. I don't get why people who have no interest in buying his bike have to comment and tell him how to sell it. If you're not interested in buying then then just move on. If you are interested in buying it then work with the seller on a price that both parties thinks is fair. I am not bashing anyone specific here but this happened when I put my F4i up for sale as well and it just grinds my gears. Rant over.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 AM

i appreciate everyones input, not mad or anything, just thought i would throw a price, see what everyone thought, and then be able to negotiate pricing.

...thanks r dub...

Old 04-20-2011, 12:28 PM

If the bike was mint you might get low 4's here. Asking 5 wouldn't be extraordinary. However it looks like the bike has seen the road at least once, perhaps twice? This lowers the value quite quickly, even if it has been repaired. Of course you can make up for that with extras. If you want an idea of what you should be asking for the bike, give us more info and better pictures of what you have done to it and what problems it has.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
It really irritates me when people start telling the seller what price they need to charge. Maybe to the seller the bike is worth $6K and if he gets it then he will sell and if not then he won't. Is it worth $6K to me, well no but to someone else maybe. I don't get why people who have no interest in buying his bike have to comment and tell him how to sell it. If you're not interested in buying then then just move on. If you are interested in buying it then work with the seller on a price that both parties thinks is fair. I am not bashing anyone specific here but this happened when I put my F4i up for sale as well and it just grinds my gears. Rant over.
take a chill pill, no one is telling the guy how much to sell his bike for. IF he wants to put it up for $6k more power to him. just trying to give the guy a helpful piece of advice.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:17 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by pittsm
take a chill pill, no one is telling the guy how much to sell his bike for. IF he wants to put it up for $6k more power to him. just trying to give the guy a helpful piece of advice.
I'm chill man and like I said I am not bashing anyone in particular here so please don't anyone take it personally. But you wouldn't go to Honda saying that the MSRP of $11K+ is too much for a motorcycle and they should lower there price even though you have no interest what so ever to by a bike. If you are interested in buying the product that Honda has to offer you go to the dealer and try to work out a deal. If you do work something out then great. That means both the buyer and seller feel they got a good deal. And if you can't come to terms then you both go your separate ways and the dealer will wait for someone else who is interested. Its the same thing here. new06f4iowner is the "dealer" and people who don't have any interest in buying what new06f4iowner as to offer keep telling him what to sell it for when new06f4iowner didn't ask what he should sell it for. He said here is the bike and here is my price. If new06f4iowner was like hey here is my bike, here is where I am located, here are the facts, what is a fair value then heck everyone go to town but he didn't. I just think it is common courtesy for people who don't want to buy his bike to be like good luck and move on. And when you go to sell your bike you will get the same courtesy as well. We also don't know why he is selling it. Maybe he has a nagging wife that wants him to sell it so he puts it up for a very high price and can prove to her that he is trying and in his mind he is thinking he can keep his beloved ride and heck if someone wants to pay $6K for then then its a huge win for him and will gladly let it go at that price. Sorry for the long post. Just trying to show my point of view.

Last edited by R Dub; 04-20-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM

it did get knocked over from the wind during a storm, then it had some scratches on the left side just from it bumping into stuff "regular wear" so i decided to paint the plastics. It has a two bros slip on, two bros juicebox, new tires, new grips, new mirrors, brand spanking new rk 525 chain and sprockets. So, i think i have a reason to sell it for more. Again, im selling not asking for opinion.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2011, 02:07 PM

heh, ok. good luck with your sale.