F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Are you kidding me??

Old 06-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you kidding me??

so.....got a nail in my new pirelli diablo about 2 wks ago, and everywhere i called wouldnt plug it so i ended up buying a new dunlop qualifier. Today, for some reason, i had a feeling. i went outside and my tire looked fine but i gave it a spin anyway and sure enough theres a goddamn nail in it. it doesnt seem to be leaking much if at all, and the tire has less than 100 miles on it!! i think i know some place that might plug it, so ill do that and get at least a little riding from my $200 tire. seriously though, what the hell. [:@]

Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Are you kidding me??

that sucks . but if the nail didnt go in that deep or atleast didnt puncture an important part you should be fine just pull that bad boy out of there and enjoy

Old 06-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Mad

That sucks. Same things happened to me. I was pissed but sucked it up and bought a new tire. Next time I am plugging it.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 PM

i just can believe you paid that much for a quafilier, but i say pull it out and ride on...

Old 06-28-2007, 11:21 PM

Just buy a tire plug kit from a ATV/Motorcycle shop......works just fine. If you want go and get the tire balanced after you plug it. Takes like 3 min to plug and you can ride as soon as you get done.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: kup125

i just can believe you paid that much for a quafilier, but i say pull it out and ride on...
The tire was actually only $150, but $35 to mount and balance, and tax, so it was close to $200. I'll pull the nail and see if it makes things worse, haha.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:49 PM

I feel your pain I went through three rear tires last year do to road debris.

Anybody that patches a sport tire for any longer than to get a new one mounted is suicidal. I know a guy who had a plug come out at high speed. He wrecked hard. Sport tires heat up too much and flex too much for a standard plug to work right. The tire will begin to spit the plug once the tire gets hot. Even a properly vulcanized patch is no guarantee. My shop will not patch a sport tire all, nor should they!

Bikes aren't a cheap hobbey. Maintenace costs money, but it always pays to do it right.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:00 AM

Get a new tire and post your old one on stuntlife. You could at leats get something out of it. Most of those guys don't go high speeds to worry about it. That would be perfect for them.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 AM

Most shops I've encountered won'trepair tires (found one that did and they did w/o any concerns)but I have done it 3 times myself w/o any problems at all. Do what's best for you but don't just listen to internet advice (ironic statementisn't it).

Old 07-05-2007, 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

so.....got a nail in my new pirelli diablo about 2 wks ago, and everywhere i called wouldnt plug it so i ended up buying a new dunlop qualifier. Today, for some reason, i had a feeling. i went outside and my tire looked fine but i gave it a spin anyway and sure enough theres a goddamn nail in it. it doesnt seem to be leaking much if at all, and the tire has less than 100 miles on it!! i think i know some place that might plug it, so ill do that and get at least a little riding from my $200 tire. seriously though, what the hell. [:@]
A decent place will want to pull the tire and do an internal patch rather than plug it. Also, you can plug it yourself in a few minutes and 99% of they time, plugs are just fine, safe and permenant.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are you kidding me??