F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yoshimura TRS Exhaust (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshimura TRS Exhaust (Video)

So my birthday rolled around this month, and being that i know exactly what i like best, i bought a great bday present. A Carbon Fiber Yoshimura TRS Slip On, which replaces my slightly scratched stock exhaust. So for i'm lovin it but I put it on tonight in about 30min and only had time for a quick test run.

Here's some test clips of my new exhaust, so far i'm very happy. Until i have had time to put some miles on the exhaust i must first say the Yoshi build quality is top notch, and the F4i sounds like a proper sport bike. The carbon fiber looks amazing and the weight difference between the stock exhaust and the TRS is very noticble. I shot the video with my DSLR T3i and the audio doesn't quite do the TRS exhaust note justice, it has a deep throaty bass to it at idle and as the revs climb it has a nice "racey" tone to it.

It sounds especially great when blipping the throttle for a down shift. As for power increase, i've only ridden around the block so it's far to early to say, but the bike does feel like it revvs a tad quicker and the power feels like a straight line ramping up all the way till a slight drop off around 11,500rpm. With the Silencer in place the exhaust sounds very similar to the stock levels and in so having appropriate noise levels loses that "bassy" growl. The Silencer couldn't be easier to insert or remove, all that is required is a 4mm allen wrench. After getting some miles in i'll have to see what i prefer, because while at the moment i enjoy the pure awesomeness sound, i don't want to be attracting any extra attention while "spiritly" riding.

-From my blog MotoRid.in

Here's the vid i made showing the differences between, stock, no exhaust, trs, trs w/silencer.

CBR F4i Yoshimura TRS Tri-Oval Slip On Exhaust - YouTube

Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 AM

I love this pipe. I wanted it in carbon fibre but I found the chromie version for $200 refurbished. The can was immaculate there were some scuffs and scratches on the connecting pipe... fine by me for half the price everything else was listed for

I didn't get the silencer though, I think by your vid I actually prefer it, But like you said video doesn't do it justice and it is just idle and a few revs. Would have to ride both for a while compare.

Nice bike too by the way

Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM

I got the carbon on my f4i. Its great. Real good sound when high up in rpms.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same exhaust. Great quality stuff. Pricey - but you get what you pay for. ;-)

Old 08-28-2012, 03:44 PM

It was pricey, i found it on Amazon for $392 but after $75 in birthday gift cards i was able to justify it to myself, in the end i paid $317. I completely feel like the price reflects the craftsmanship, the sound alone is worth at least half what i paid

I could have gotten a better deal on Amazon if i got the Stainless Steel version at $265 but that carbon fiber is just so sexy.