F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

yosh slipon install help quick

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yosh slipon install help quick

Depending on price of midpipe, you could always take you header and midpipe to exhaust shop and get them to make them fit. I'm guessing cut out section of header and reweld new section that will fit the midpipe. might be cheaper. although makes the install a little more difficult. Headers are easy to take off (easier than the faring anyway )

Clint

Old 07-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Here is the link to the auction I won...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300230315933

Old 07-30-2008, 12:27 PM

Thanks wannaride and reaper. I called yosh and did some measuring of the pipe. They confirmed the pipe is the correct size, but said to ship it back and they would check it and replace no problems and no questions asked....Top notch customer service.. A++ would buy again..

Turns out I do have the correct pipe. After closely examining the pipe I found it was slightly out of round. Took the pipe to the muffler shop. They used a cone and pounded the tip of the midpipe outward and straightened it. Pipe slipped right on with no problems and no exhaust leaks..
I gotta say the yosh pipe is quietier than I expected at idle.. It almost sounds stock under around 6000 RPMS. It starts to scream at anything above that though..

Thanks for the help

Old 07-30-2008, 12:50 PM

Glad you got it all worked out.
When I first installed mine I was disappointed because I thought it sounded pretty close to stock. I have about 800 miles on mine now and it definately doesnt sound stock anymore. I love it!

Old 07-30-2008, 06:18 PM

glad you got everything sorted out... and trust me, you dont want your pipe too loud. My d&d sounds sick, but it starts giving me a headache after a little bit.

pics yet?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 PM

Wow I'm glad yosh was able to help you out because they have been horrible with me. Here is what happened with my RS3 a few weeks ago, the 02 bung completely fell out:

I've emailed them 4 times and theyjustgot back to me today (after I paid to get the hole patched up). The pipe is only 6 months old and I bought it new.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:34 AM

Wow. That's terrible...I just received an e-mail back from them today as we ll with a reponse that solved absolutely nothing.....The problem's been solved for two days already, lol
Call this #(909) 628-4722
I contacted them by phone and got results immediately. The person on the phone actually stayed on the phone wile I uploaded and e-mailed pics of my problem...They also looked up specs of what the inlet/outlet sizes, etc were suppossed to be..They must have a sales rep or something taking care of their e-mails...Just give them a call tell them you want to send them apicture via e-mailwile you stay on the phone...It'll be a different person, so you'll need to explain it to the new person and send the pics again....I'll bet they refund you the cost and send you a replacement pipe if you ask for one.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:11 AM

hey dont worry bout the sound i was a little disapointed at first but let it go for a few thousand miles and let the packing burn out, mine screams now after 2000 miles, oh and did u remove the baffle? it makes a huge difference

Old 08-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Hey Roland,
Have they offered you any sort of reimbursement for the repairs and/or a replacement midpipe for exchange??
Just wondering on an update on yosh customer service.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRrider01

Hey Roland,
Have they offered you any sort of reimbursement for the repairs and/or a replacement midpipe for exchange??
Just wondering on an update on yosh customer service.
Never heard back from them.

Quick Reply: yosh slipon install help quick