F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yosh RS3 / BMC PCIII Custom Map

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Sy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yosh RS3 / BMC PCIII Custom Map

Hello Folks, newbie here.

I have a 2002 F4i CA(w/ Oxygen Sensor)and was wondering if there is anyone who has a PC3 map (or custom) for a Yosh RS3 slip-on with a BMC Race filter. I bought the BMC filter as the Yoshimura website indicates they "endorse" BMC race filters. Yes, I fell for their marketing scheme. Hit me up or let me know if this is a bad idea. I'm looking for smooth power delivery and hopefully gain 1 or 2 hp.

TIA -Sy

Old 01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Sy
Default RE: Yosh RS3 / BMC PCIII Custom Map

BTW, I did search the forums (in regards to whether or not this is a good idea or not) and did not yield anything.

-Sy

Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM

PC has a map for the RS-3 w/ stock air filter, I'm not sure if stock vs aftermarket filter makes a big difference. Next month I'm gonna do the RS-3 CF slip on/PCIII/custom map, can't wait!.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:01 PM

I've read somewhere that you actually get better performance out of the F4i with the stock air filter. I'll try and find where I read that information for ya.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 AM

Yeah, if you go to powercommander.com and download the yosh map it will work with the aftermarket or stock filter. I have heard bmc is better than k&n by far, if you want the best performance possible find somewhere in your area on the pc website to do a custom dyno tune for your bike, will cost a couple hundred, but well worth it in the end.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Sy

Quick update:
I installedthe BMC air filter (approximately 40 mins.) andthe PCIII(approximately 15 mins.). I used the CA RS3 slip-on with K&N or aftermarket mapping (from Dynojet). So far, so good. I did a hard stop-N-go test andfelt a difference with initial takeoff (it's smoother). Couldn't tell the difference once I got going. Idling is a tad lower than previous equipment (RS3 without BMC/PCIII).

I kept my O2 sensor on but the PowerCommander folks as well as another parts dealer recommended taking this off. I have my bung plug and I'm waiting to receive the O2 Eliminator from Dynojet.

Overall, I'm neutral with the purchase. I wanted the functionality once I can afford a full system.

I hope this helps and you guys have been great. I've saved $$doing theupgrades myself rather than paying a dealer $$ for their services.

-Sy

Old 01-13-2008, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Sy

Quick update:
I installedthe BMC air filter (approximately 40 mins.) andthe PCIII(approximately 15 mins.). I used the CA RS3 slip-on with K&N or aftermarket mapping (from Dynojet). So far, so good. I did a hard stop-N-go test andfelt a difference with initial takeoff (it's smoother). Couldn't tell the difference once I got going. Idling is a tad lower than previous equipment (RS3 without BMC/PCIII).

I kept my O2 sensor on but the PowerCommander folks as well as another parts dealer recommended taking this off. I have my bung plug and I'm waiting to receive the O2 Eliminator from Dynojet.

Overall, I'm neutral with the purchase. I wanted the functionality once I can afford a full system.

I hope this helps and you guys have been great. I've saved $$doing theupgrades myself rather than paying a dealer $$ for their services.

-Sy
DONT TAKE off the o2 sensor..It will kill your gas mileage.

The only reason you need to take it off is to TUNE the bike..Other wise leave it in..I run mine (o2 sensor in ) with ZERO issues..Bike actually gets better gas mileage..

I have the elminator but it was only to get the dyno tune.