F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yet another Exhaust help me pick topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another Exhaust help me pick topic

Ok so i hate to do this cause i know its been done like 1 billion times, but i'm at a loss. I've used the search on the forum for topics on exhausts and read peoples sigs to see what people have. Combed youtube to see what other people are using and what they sound like , and i still cant make up my mind . ( its not like you can just get a bunch of them and try them all out )

So there are the usual suspects :

FMH
Two brothers
Yosh
akrapovic

And a few that i have heard from the people on the forums

Micro
Leo Vince
Scorpion

Im just looking for a nice system for a better sound and performance so i want the best of both worlds i guess ( am i reaching ? )

thanks in advance guys

Old 07-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Default RE: Yet another Exhaust help me pick topic

If you're also planning on buying a PCIII heres kind of a weird anglebut it really worked for me:

I looked on the list of maps for the F4iatwww.powercommander.com andboughta slip on that was on the list (Yosh RS3). The thinkingis bygettingone that they specifically made a map for,theres a good chance the bike will run great and I won't need to spend the extra $$$ on a custom map.

So Iinstalled the slip on, PCIII w/ map for RS3,K&N air filter, and the bike ran great. A couple months ago I got a free baseline dyno run at the local race bike shop. After the dyno run was over the owner of the shop (who is VERY experienced) thought it was probably a custom map and whoever did it did a pretty good job.

May have been just dumb luckbut maybe not.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:39 PM

thanks man that a freaking awesome idea !

Old 07-03-2008, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: rolandk

If you're also planning on buying a PCIII heres kind of a weird anglebut it really worked for me:

I looked on the list of maps for the F4iatwww.powercommander.com andboughta slip on that was on the list (Yosh RS3). The thinkingis bygettingone that they specifically made a map for,theres a good chance the bike will run great and I won't need to spend the extra $$$ on a custom map.

So Iinstalled the slip on, PCIII w/ map for RS3,K&N air filter, and the bike ran great. A couple months ago I got a free baseline dyno run at the local race bike shop. After the dyno run was over the owner of the shop (who is VERY experienced) thought it was probably a custom map and whoever did it did a pretty good job.

May have been just dumb luckbut maybe not.
what did ur bike through up on the dyno?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:20 AM

well it looks like they have a map for a Two Brothers....id go with that.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:23 PM

I've got a micron carbon fiber slip on on mine. No power commander and bike sounds awesome and runs great,andgets pretty loud when rpms are up. If you don't plan on going with a power commander just looking for sound and a little extra performance check out the micron's