CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Yay for good friends..... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/yay-good-friends-133162/)

adiopunki7 12-26-2011 12:32 AM

Yay for good friends.....

8 Attachment(s)
Let a good friend ride the bike. He wrecked it... Bent the fork, goodbye mirror, goodbye windscreen, what side and front fairings?, other misc damage.. But... good excuse to tear into it and fix some small longstanding problems. Luckily he is a reliable person (the only reason I let him ride it in the first place) and hes paying for it all. Better for him I found a steal of a bike complete for 425 with everything I need! So he bought it for me saving himself some cash heh. Did I mention he does bodywork? So hes gonna do some paint for me too, I'll supply the beer. Just thought Id share the experience. And before you assume I'm more worried about my bike than my friend, I checked on him first. Then I walked into the street and recovered both of his shoes that he lost. After I found out he was ok than I laughed. (I told him I wasn't worried about the bike and I was glad he didn't get effed up) Good times. Some pics :-)

Attachment 42434
Bent fork.

Attachment 42435
Note the fairing on the wall.

Attachment 42436
He signed it for me. What a sport!

Attachment 42437
New parts bike already half torn apart.

Attachment 42438
Again

Attachment 42439
Paintable non cracked fairings.

Attachment 42440
Fixer Upper

Attachment 42441

My garage never looked sexier.

Shadow 12-26-2011 03:54 AM

Seems like you picked the right friend to allow to ride your bike ! :)
Good that he's OK too.

gotcbr 12-26-2011 11:28 AM

That's a shame but glad your friend is actually a stand-up guy & doing the right thing. Good luck on your repairs.

donnygeewebb 12-26-2011 10:52 PM

I'm gonna be that guy and ask what in the world he did?!?

adiopunki7 12-27-2011 07:16 PM

he pulled off, hit the gas to hard, lost his head and hit both brakes at about 30, and slid into a wood post. not very experienced to say the least

Ls1Tuner_06 12-27-2011 08:40 PM

dang! ouch, that sucks. Glad he is ok. You too must be really good friends. Plus sounds like he is a really really good friend. well, hope the build go smoothly. Keep us updated. any idea's for paint yet? something nice and custom?

donnygeewebb 12-28-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by adiopunki7 (Post 1121215)
he pulled off, hit the gas to hard, lost his head and hit both brakes at about 30, and slid into a wood post. not very experienced to say the least

Wowww. But glad the ole' chap is alright. BTW you should definitely go with a custom paint job :)

adiopunki7 12-29-2011 01:07 AM

yea it hurt but the last thing on my mind when it happened was the bike. the guys like a brother to me so i was really glad he was ok. of course after i found out he was ok it was safe to give him a little s***. Honestly im thinking white fairings with flat black accents and the polished frame. nothing fancy but i think it will give it a sleek look which is what i want. ive been cleaning it up as i go and i got a lot done tonight. im as excited as a fat kid in a candy store! Plus i found a bunch of crap rigged up in the teardown i would have never known was there. +1 for reliability! few how to's coming up possibly.

donnygeewebb 12-29-2011 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by adiopunki7 (Post 1121405)
yea it hurt but the last thing on my mind when it happened was the bike. the guys like a brother to me so i was really glad he was ok. of course after i found out he was ok it was safe to give him a little s***. Honestly im thinking white fairings with flat black accents and the polished frame. nothing fancy but i think it will give it a sleek look which is what i want. ive been cleaning it up as i go and i got a lot done tonight. im as excited as a fat kid in a candy store! Plus i found a bunch of crap rigged up in the teardown i would have never known was there. +1 for reliability! few how to's coming up possibly.

Looking forward to them!