F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

YAAAAY, UPS man brought gifts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default YAAAAY, UPS man brought gifts!!!

so i recieved my Two Bros. 10" slip-on today. OMG i love it! it looks amazing on the bike and idk where to begin to descrobe the sound! at low rpm's its got the MEANEST growl and at mid rpms its got this.....deep...yet high pitch rumble that almost hurts the ears, lol. at high rpm's it smoothes out and has one hell of a tone. if you're looking for a slip-on definately consider the Two Bros. my only problem is that they stuck the wrong size clamp in the box. so the mid-pipe sliding onto the header has a slight leak. does anyone know if thats ok to just leave........or do i need to replace it w/ the correct clamp? the pipe is more than secure and definately not going anywhere. its just that there is a small leak there. HAI is shipping me a new clamp that is the correct size. do i NEEEED to put that clamp on or will i be A-OK w/ the small leak? the guy at HAI said it is harmless and i'll be alright.

i'll post pics of the pipe either tonight or tomorrow.

HOOOOOOOOOOORRAY for the loud-*** Two Bros. lol

Old 05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YAAAAY, UPS man brought gifts!!!

You should be fine for a few days with a small leak. If the pipe is secure, I wouldn't worry too much.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:51 PM

"for a few days", well i was going to let it be until the next time i NEED to remove the fairings. would it still be ok?

Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 PM

IMO, it takes no more that 10 minutes to take off your fairing. Suck it up, take it off and do it the right way. Thats what they told us when we were in Kuwait. (U.S. Army).

Old 05-01-2007, 08:56 PM

do you have a power commander? i'm just wondering if you think you lost any power below 5000 rpms? i'm lookin at gettin the FMFTi shorty race/stunt slip-on.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 PM

I don't have a Pwr Cmdr. I didnt notice any loss of power, I have also revamped my gears to a 15/46, and I ride my bike harder at higher rpms all the time. Prob, why I need a new clutch. lol

Old 05-02-2007, 12:05 AM

lol, im going to put it on. just was curious if the leak would cause any probs. and no, i have no power commander and after reading some of stephens posts i dont plan to.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 AM

remember to post the pic!

Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 AM

hey thanks jaynd, I never felt that I needed a pwr cmdr, it primarily remaps your fuel air intake from what I have read. Besides the F4i is fuel injected and the cpu inside it takes care of that for you anyways.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 AM

haha so i put the pipe on and headed out of my driveway and out of my road today. i got to the main road and as i merged into traffic........one of you're posts (stephens) came to mind about the two bros pipe you have, lol.......so...............i "let it hit 13-14k then let off" lol!!!!! the pipe was SCREEEEEAMING. my g/f was driving behind me and said it was so increadibly loud. i like that though, i noticed that every car i'd pass they'd look over at me, where as before i put it on and was riding w/the stock pipe no one noticed me at all. but im loving the pipe so far and i promise to get some pics up tomorrow! my only other complaint (which i guess comes w/ owning the 10" pipe) is that the hanger for the pipe that attatches to the rearsets covers part of the two bros emblem. but oh well, guess you gotta take the good w/ the bad.

Quick Reply: YAAAAY, UPS man brought gifts!!!