CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   wrecked f4i, now it wont start (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/wrecked-f4i-now-wont-start-52658/)

Hunter 10-22-2007 11:05 PM

wrecked f4i, now it wont start

was stunting the f4i, and fell off of a crucifix. it then preceeded to hit a guardrail headon at 30 and fall hard on its right side. i now cant get the fuel pump to come on when the keys turned on. things ive checked: it turns over, kill switch seems to be in working order, tilt switch seems to be ok. dont really know where to go from here or if im missing something. any inout would be appreciated.

oh and if anyone has any front forks or where to get them, id appreciate it.

oodie 10-22-2007 11:23 PM

RE: wrecked f4i, now it wont start

I think its your tip sensor check and make sure its still hooked up.Try turning to key on and off a couple of times with kill switch off then turn it on that resets it tip sensor and long as it still upright.

Hunter 10-22-2007 11:38 PM

i have it upright, but hadnt tried the on off thing. ill try that. i tried to bypass it altogether, but i dont even know if i did it right.

oodie 10-23-2007 10:39 AM

If you want to bypass did you do it likethis.its simple cut all 3 wires keep track of which are on the outside splice those then leave the middle 1 alone (i THINK the middle wire is white) just CONNECT THE TWO OUTSIDE WIRES AND TEST TURN KEY ON THEN FLIP THE RED SWITCH IT SHOULD WORK LIKE NORMAL.

*****IMPORTANT*****

CUT AFTER THE BLACK CONNECTOR THERE SHOULD BE ABOUT 5 INCHES OF WIRE FROM THE CONNECTOR TO THE TIP SENSOR THATS WHERE THE CUT SHOULD BE

Hunter 10-23-2007 04:14 PM

k ill try that next. i tried the on off thing this morning before i went to work and it didnt work. any other suggestion other than the bypass? is it possible for it to damage the fuel pump when it hit?

Hunter 10-24-2007 11:44 AM

come on 78 hits and nobodys got any wisdom to throw my way?

fishfryer527 10-24-2007 05:41 PM

come on 78 hits and nobodys got any wisdom to throw my way?
No fuel pump pumping. Maybe a fuse? Maybe the kickstand switch? Maybe something broke that you didn't expect like the neutral switch thing somewhere that tells the bike when to start. I am clueless.

74demon 07-24-2017 01:23 PM

10 years ago, Mike..... 10 years.

We appreciate the input, but let's try to keep it current.

Mike Burger 07-27-2017 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1306373)
10 years ago, Mike..... 10 years.

We appreciate the input, but let's try to keep it current.

Hahaha. Thx guess I thought the 07was17 or drunk. Hilarious

DELETE. Was just staying busy while waiting for a reply that night. Still waiting patiently. Too hot to b riding right now anyhow.