F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Would you buy it...if you were me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 AM
July 2010 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ummm, i want you to have a bike bc i know how i would feel in the situation but, my buddy and i went thru the same thing with an r6. the owner was the exact same way, well, he ended up getting it after me telling him not to. he happy with it but we have found it needs more work than we thought. there were just some extra surprises.

yeah you can fix stuff, but for 3000 do u really wanna have to fix a rim right off the bat? id say be patient and make sure you like the bike before you get it. i bought a car bc i wanted it so bad one time and ended up ripping myself off greatly. i could have spent 500 more on a nicer car if id have waited when it took me like 3000 to get the one i bought to the shape of the one that was only 500 more-does that make sense?

im not telling u what to do, just saying what id do

Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 AM

I wasnt trying to buy the new guys bike, I misread apparently, still sounds like a good buy as well, go with michelin pps you'll love it.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:00 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

if ur looking at it for a project bike anyway i mean as long as eventually ur willing to spend the money to have everything fixed one by one... 3k sounds like a alright deal... thats how much i paid for mine in alot worse shape... (out of my own stupidity buying online)

Old 05-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Thanks zmds18- We have agreed on $2,900. I am going to finalize the title/payment later tonight possibly tomorrow. Its a done deal unless someone is going to advise me NOOOOOOOOT to do it..I told him the $100 I wanted off of the bike to replace the front tire and he agree'd. What do ya think...from what I hear IM doing the right thing...I mean $2,900 for a 01 F4i with only 7,600 miles seems great...even if it is cosmetically scuffed up a little and needs both new tires! Well thats just the way I look at it

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM

lol sounds to me like your unsure if u wanna do it or not yourself lol

Old 05-05-2010, 02:32 PM

If you're happy with the tank, headlights, engine, frame, and rims. Then go for it. Regular maintenance is inevitable and everything else can be replaced with less damage to your wallet.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a good deal. He was prolly playing sales games before.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM

Ha zmds18- am I that obvious!
tank had circular swirl scratches on clear coat but nothing major...Ill repaint the tank cover anyway when I repaint the fairings in the future so no biggie..
Headlights seemed ok but damn now that I think about it I dont think we looked at them very closely...or didnt turn them on! Il do that
Per axsys the frame and engire are good...not so much as a scratch on them
Rims....front will be replaced as well as both tires and back rim seemed ok
Ya kuroshio- I think initially he was but this guy is weird

So for the time being the bike will be locked to a car port pillar behind my Lexus IS 300 (small car). Would a krptonite cable lock found here http://www.rei.com/search?query=krpotonite work well? If so which one and where the best part of the bike to attach it to..I know the frame but where on the frame?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Ha zmds18- am I that obvious!
tank had circular swirl scratches on clear coat but nothing major...Ill repaint the tank cover anyway when I repaint the fairings in the future so no biggie..
Headlights seemed ok but damn now that I think about it I dont think we looked at them very closely...or didnt turn them on! Il do that
Per axsys the frame and engire are good...not so much as a scratch on them
Rims....front will be replaced as well as both tires and back rim seemed ok
Ya kuroshio- I think initially he was but this guy is weird

So for the time being the bike will be locked to a car port pillar behind my Lexus IS 300 (small car). Would a krptonite cable lock found here http://www.rei.com/search?query=krpotonite work well? If so which one and where the best part of the bike to attach it to..I know the frame but where on the frame?

ide go through the frame... keep in mind though people can still steal parts off your bike... best things is to chain through frame and get a alarm

Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
ide go through the frame... keep in mind though people can still steal parts off your bike... best things is to chain through frame and get a alarm
Would any cable lock found here http://www.rei.com/search?query=krpotonite work well? If so which one? Basically any thicker cable lock is ideal and is the toughest to get through right?

Also, what "shorty" slip on's are available for our bikes? I really liked the look and sound of axsys's "bootleg" shorty fabbed from a member on this site...I assume as well and read somewhere that some people buy aftermarket slip on's and cut them down also (not a fan of this). I would ideally like to get a regular/low mount "shorty" type of slip on if they make them for our bikes?

regular slip on exhausts Id be stuck between a devil and M4..even though I have a hard time finding sound clips with an M4

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 05-05-2010 at 11:19 PM.