CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   would you buy a bike that went down? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/would-you-buy-bike-went-down-122513/)

Alex F. 03-16-2011 06:08 PM

would you buy a bike that went down?

looking at an f4i with 18k miles on it. had the fairings painted silver. he dropped it at 5-10 mph. its all chromed up, exhaust, led lights, new brakes, new tires and battery.

would you guys buy a bike that went down? from the pics the bike looks sharp. this is not my first bike. ive had 6 all together but the f4i for me is the best bike hands down. its the total package.

DanishF3 03-16-2011 06:19 PM

Depends on the price he's asking, also it'd be hard to tell just from pictures if the handlebar or frame has been bent.

To answer your question: no I'd never buy a downed bike.

DrAwkwArD 03-16-2011 06:31 PM

I'd have to inspect it myself. But if it was good, I definitely would at the right price.

Just cause it has all that chrome garbage, doesnn't make up for the fact that it was dropped.

crazychris1981 03-16-2011 07:18 PM

all depends on the price...
not big on chrome so that just sounds like a waist of money...

that low of speed there might not be much damage you can see.. but if he ran into a car, tree, wall,,etc... something might be bent... or even if it went end over end..

i laid my bike down at 30mph it pretty much just slid on the stator cover and frame slider so i got pretty lucky...

oldskool21 03-16-2011 07:38 PM

yea i would i bought my 04 f4i w/ 6541 miles for 900 bucks nd u cant even tell it was laid down by revious owner

Jay_J 03-16-2011 07:56 PM

I bought my bike and it had been down. At the time I didn't know what I was looking at but after cruzing CBRF for a while I found out a bunch of stuff and I talked with one of the POs friends and head said it had been down at a pretty good speed. But it runs fine it rides fine and it's 2 wheels so I'm ok with it.

Alex F. 03-16-2011 10:06 PM

thanks guys

he wants 3200 for it. he dropped it going 5-10mph 3 years ago. its definitely a sexy bike that i wouldnt be mind taking to the jersey shore in the summer. i like the chrome bc it mights the bike look brighter bc the LEDs under it..

R Dub 03-16-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alex F. (Post 1026486)
thanks guys

he wants 3200 for it. he dropped it going 5-10mph 3 years ago. its definitely a sexy bike that i wouldnt be mind taking to the jersey shore in the summer. i like the chrome bc it mights the bike look brighter bc the LEDs under it..

I don't like telling people what they should pay for a bike or what a bike is worth because it is all that matter is that both the seller or buyer feels like they got a fair deal. To me $3200 is not a bad price IF it is super clean and there are absolutely no marking showing it went down. If the fairings, bar ends or levers are messed up, it is not worth $3200 to me. That is my $.02

iJapanesey 03-16-2011 11:29 PM

I don't think I've ever bought a bike besides my FZR 400 that wasn't laid down. It all depends on the asking price!

PlayfulGod 03-17-2011 01:13 AM

most bikes have been down one way or another, theres no real way to tell if it has or not except obvious damage that can be seen. Just because a bike has been down doesnt mean it was hurt, doesnt mean it wast either tho lol.

Like said all depends on the price n if you like it n trust it. Dont think I've ever owned a bike that hasnt been down b4 lol.