F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Would a super moto or cruiser be less trouble?

Old 07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Default Would a super moto or cruiser be less trouble?

Whats up all. This maybe a dumb question, and I am pretty sure some people would hate but do you guys think a super moto or cruiser be less trouble? I have had the F4I quite a while, and I noticed I have had so many close calls cause I tend to use the power a lot. Just yesterday I tried to pass traffic and reached almost the high 130s. No matter how much I tell myself to take it easy its just hard to resist knowing and using the power of the bike. I know cruisers or a DRZ wont have the power that the F4I has. Maybe then I will be more careful cause no matter how much I downshift or gun the throttle I wont reach those high speeds lol!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Last time I checked the throttle needed a right hand attached to it to do anything.

Sorta like saying "Well I play around with my gun cause it's a .45 but maybe if I get a .22 I won't because it's not as powerful". A .22 is just as deadly as a .45 when used wrong.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 PM

you should put away the bike and comeback when you've grown up a bit.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Snotcycle View Post
+1, if you cant control yourself then maybe you shouldnt ride. Just my advice tho. Please be safe out there!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:03 PM

Maybe you get a ninja 250 instead, they top out at 80mph.. or maybe just a 50cc scooter, they top out at 40mph or so..
If you get a cruiser you will most likely... still get in trouble (most will break 100mph) or crash it pushing it beyond its limits (peg dragging is too easy)
If you get a SuMo you will most likely... still get in trouble or crash doing something stupid with it (SuMo's evoke confidence, and are deceptively quick)

Like others have said, if you can't control yourself on what you have it really doesn't matter what you get, you will get into trouble or get hurt, just on something different.

Have you given serious thought to a bicycle?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 AM

You can get just as irresponsible on a supermoto...I had one. Sure it topped out at 92 but the curvy streets are where it shines. I miss that bike in a way...but the cruiser will slow your speed down

Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Snotcycle View Post
+1