CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Wiring nitemare (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/wiring-nitemare-118175/)

lonetone 10-30-2010 12:49 AM

Wiring nitemare

I am trying to put a 2002 cbr 600 in a mini rail buggy,it was all going good till i got to the wireing part.never really realized how complicated these things are,did i mention i was a carpenter with no mecanical or fabricating traning.So when i say or do something stupid remember cut cut nail nail.
I finally did get it to turn over but i dont get any spark and the fuel pump wont run,ive swaped wiring harnesses,computer and every relay on it.
Any input u have would be greatly apreciated,thanx for readin. Tone

CBRclassic 10-30-2010 01:13 AM

Hey man ...the " How too's " section was not the place for your question so I put you here ...

It would help if we knew what year CBR the engine was ???

Billistic 10-31-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by lonetone (Post 982370)
I am trying to put a cbr 600 in a mini rail,it was all going good till i got to the wireing part.never really realized how complicated these things are,did i mention i was a carpenter with no mecanical or fabricating traning.So when i say or do something stupid remember cut cut nail nail.
I finally did get it to turn over but i dont get any spark and the fuel pump wont run,ive swaped wiring harnesses,computer and every relay on it.
Any input u have would be greatly apreciated,thanx for readin. Tone

What the hell is a mini rail? Bike year would help also. There are many things that will prevent a spark especially if you have dismantled the bike to make something else.

CBRclassic 10-31-2010 09:04 PM

What the hell is a mini rail
Yer , that one had me wondering too :icon_denk:

I recon its a mini drag rail car ..... but it could be a TYPO and be a Honda Mini Trail ...ok that would be a long shot ...LOLOL

A Mini Trail bike with a 600 engine !!! :icon_doh: how sicko would that be ??:icon_teeth:

lonetone 11-03-2010 06:51 PM

It's a rail buggy,the motor is a 2002 fuel injected.all the guages are hooked up,stock switches and ignition.bank angle senser is in and rite side up.thanx

lonetone 11-03-2010 06:56 PM

I'm sorry bout that,i noticed rite after i did it.will pay more attn to what i am doing.

Kuroshio 11-03-2010 07:07 PM

How much of the wire harness did you import from a bike? There are 2 relays besides the BAS that'll stop the fuel pump from priming. No pump prime, no boom boom.

Get the pump going then work on the spark

thrasher572 11-03-2010 08:00 PM

A 2002? Perhaps the mods should move this to the correct section... The F1 section covers 1987 to 1990 -no fuel injection or bank angle sensors on our machines. There may be more help available there.
Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck.