F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

wiring integrated taillight

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After looking at this thread, it got me interested so I decided to take a look at my wiring and found a couple of random wires. I read over this thread after looking at mine and it is still confusing to me. I'd like to do the integrated tail light mod, but was wondering if someone could help me out. For some reason I just can't understand the pictures. Is mine even capable of being converted to an integrated? Ah! So noob.

Last edited by Dominate.; 05-09-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Dominate.
After looking at this thread, it got me interested so I decided to take a look at my wiring and found a couple of random wires. I read over this thread after looking at mine and it is still confusing to me. I'd like to do the integrated tail light mod, but was wondering if someone could help me out. For some reason I just can't understand the pictures. Is mine even capable of being converted to an integrated? Ah! So noob.

absolutely. what you need to do is take out both of the wires from the orange and blue plugs (the male connectors). it is quite a pain in the butt to do that, but you need to insert something really thin in between the metal and plastic on the connectors, wiggle a bit (but not too hard, cuz u dont want to rip the wire out from the metal connector. u want to take out the whole piece). Once you do that, you put the yellow plug in the place of the orange one and the blue plug in place of the blue one. Keep in mind that you will not use the green (ground) wires for the turn signals as well as the whole white connector (stock license plate light). Also, you might want to get some kind of resistors in each of the wires (blue and yellow) to correct the blinking rate. Once that is done, go to a local pep boys or autozone and see if they have an adapter for the main plug thats on your integrated taillight. it would be helpful if u find one. Let me know if u're done with the work that I've mentioned above and we will take it from there. Good luck. I love my integrated taillight

Old 05-10-2009, 06:15 AM

AWESOME! I had nothing to do at 4 in the morning so I just went and did it right now with the help of your instructions! Thank you. The plugs were easy to take off I just used a little scissor to wedge it out. And I first tried blue to blue and orange to yellow, but it came out reverse lol (right switch caused left blinker to turn on, vice versa) so I just switched the two blue and yellow connectors and now they work fine! Wow these integrated lights are a million times better than what I had before! As for the blinking rate I kind of like it fast I think it gets more attention. Also, what did you mean by adapter?

Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 AM

I fI would have seen u posted something about this issue I could have helped you.. I just got done doing exacly the same thing. I rewired my turn signals and wrapped in elect tape so it looks nicely installed and does not get in the way of anything.. Happy u got your prob solved..

Old 05-10-2009, 11:57 AM

AWESOME! I had nothing to do at 4 in the morning so I just went and did it right now with the help of your instructions! Thank you. The plugs were easy to take off I just used a little scissor to wedge it out. And I first tried blue to blue and orange to yellow, but it came out reverse lol (right switch caused left blinker to turn on, vice versa) so I just switched the two blue and yellow connectors and now they work fine! Wow these integrated lights are a million times better than what I had before! As for the blinking rate I kind of like it fast I think it gets more attention. Also, what did you mean by adapter?
sweet! i'm glad you got it to work. anyway, in my case, I had to buy an adapter for the main yello plug on my integrated taillight (see the pics in previous posts). so i went to a local autozone and got a GM light bulb adaptor that fit the yellow plug. there were 3 wires coming from the GM adaptor - one for brake light, one for running light, and one for ground. how did you wire yours?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DDMGraphix
I fI would have seen u posted something about this issue I could have helped you.. I just got done doing exacly the same thing. I rewired my turn signals and wrapped in elect tape so it looks nicely installed and does not get in the way of anything.. Happy u got your prob solved..
same here man. it felt so good to see the final result of a successful clean install

Old 05-10-2009, 06:05 PM

Hmmmmmmm... I think I may have done it wrong then. o.O I don't know all I did was follow the instructions you gave haha. I tried just plugging in the female connector that was already on the blue / yellow wires and it fit, but I noticed that it might wiggle off after a while and I didn't know where I'd be able to find a connector so I decided to just tap into the wires using a splice connector. I hope that's okay lol. I added some pics of my finished install. It's kind of clumped, but oh well haha.

Also, what is this 3 wire connector that's just hanging around? Do I need it?

Now onto the final product..

Old 05-10-2009, 10:10 PM

Hmmmmmmm... I think I may have done it wrong then. o.O I don't know all I did was follow the instructions you gave haha. I tried just plugging in the female connector that was already on the blue / yellow wires and it fit, but I noticed that it might wiggle off after a while and I didn't know where I'd be able to find a connector so I decided to just tap into the wires using a splice connector. I hope that's okay lol. I added some pics of my finished install. It's kind of clumped, but oh well haha.

Also, what is this 3 wire connector that's just hanging around? Do I need it?

Now onto the final product..

what you did is wire the turn signals only. the main plug is for the brake light, running light (ur taillight should be always on), and the ground. i'm not so sure about which wire goes where, but what I do know is that you are going to use only ONE set of the 3 wires from your cbr harness (theres two - one for each bulb in the stock taillight). Let me know whats up.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 AM

Well I don't know everything seems to be working fine haha. The running light works, the brake light works, and the signals work as well. Which is why I was wondering what that extra plug was for. I have a vid let me see if I can upload this real quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW8EWx7YRo

Old 05-11-2009, 01:20 AM

Well I don't know everything seems to be working fine haha. The running light works, the brake light works, and the signals work as well. Which is why I was wondering what that extra plug was for. I have a vid let me see if I can upload this real quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW8EWx7YRo
u're right. i see it working just fine, but i dont understand how since u said u never used the main plug that comes out from the taillight. u had to connect it somehow, cuz hookin up just the turn signal wires (blue n yellow) is not enough i dont think. let me get this straight: all u did was hookin up the blue n yellow wires? hmmmm. anyway, well done, cuz it seems to be working fine

Quick Reply: wiring integrated taillight